[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Rangers

17 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But it has. 9 new players this window and 2 in January. New keeper, the defence needs attention and Lundstram was hardly the worst player on the pitch today. 

Our best player since the last window was on the bench today.

I wasn't overly keen on Beale when we appointed him.  Then he steadied the ship and I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  However, pre-season and today has put me back in the 'he's not good enough' camp and it will take a fair old turnaround to change that.

His poor tactics and team selection were largely responsible for that lot winning both cups.  

Edited by Gonzo79

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I wasn't overly keen on Beale when we appointed them.  Then he steadied the ship and I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  However, pre-season and today has put me back in the 'he's not good enough' camp and it will take a fair old turnaround to change that.

His poor tactics and team selection were largely responsible for that lot winning both cups.  

I don't think there can be many who looked at that team selection today and their heart didn't sink a little. The last time I felt like that was the League Cup final. But it is what it is and any thought of changing the manager is pie in the sky.

23 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

It’s early days & we’ve made a lot of signings who have still to settle.And I think we’ve still got a bit to do in the transfer market both ins & outs. 
However my concern after watching the game today was the lack of MF creativity and the lack of width to our game in general. This will need to be rectified as we move forward this season.

We are still too predictable, playing side to side too often & playing at too low a tempo

The width is an issue for me. Tav and BB were completely redundant today as we continually tried to play through a congested middle area. 

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I wasn't overly keen on Beale when we appointed him.  Then he steadied the ship and I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  However, pre-season and today has put me back in the 'he's not good enough' camp and it will take a fair old turnaround to change that.

Our best player from last season wasn't exactly showing the same form in pre-season and was awful when he was introduced today (he wasn't alone in that respect). 

As for losing 2 domestic cups, it was Sakala's inability to score an open goal in both games that ultimately cost us. 

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think there can be many who looked at that team selection today and their heart didn't sink a little.

It's becoming a big part of supporting Rangers, sadly.  

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The width is an issue for me. Tav and BB were completely redundant today as we continually tried to play through a congested middle area. 

Borna got into advanced areas often today but we decided to cut inside rather than give the ball to him in wide area. 

Tav did seem to be narrow and we had no one advanced of him wide right. 

Sima was our best player making runs in behind and played one ball along the 6 yard line but there was no Rangers player to take advantage. 

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Sima was our best player making runs in behind

I think that sums today up.  Utter crap.

And by the way, Killie had a significant player turnover during the Summer.