[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Rangers

9 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I see the Tav (ma baw) video is doing the rounds. The one when he runs 60 yards to take a potential quick shy away from Lundstram only for the ball to end up back at Butland!! 

Why does the manager allow this?

A Rangers team should look to get the ball back into play ASAP and get tore into the opposition - why on Earth do we allow Mr Doesn't Win Trophies to hold play back so he can take a mediocre throw or corner?  Why?  

Edited by Gonzo79

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Why does the manager allow this?

A Rangers team should look to get the ball back into play ASAP and get tore into the opposition - why on Earth do we allow Mr Doesn't Win Trophies to hold play back so he can take a mediocre throw on corner?  Why?  

I think Chris Sutton is the biggest c**t going but you can't argue with him calling him a serial loser. It's harsh but I agree.

It makes me laugh people wanting Sakala punted for the two misses against Celtic when Tavernier has done far worse for far longer, even under and post Gerrard he's had some absolute shockers. Not even just v Celtic, the 2 Cup defeats in the 55 season still make my cheeks clench and he was half arsed in the UEL final as well.

Maybe it's hyperbole but still, the only player I'd keep from the Gerrard/Gio era is Goldson, but here we are with Tav and Barisic as fullbacks and re-signing a crocked Balogun as 3rd choice cb. If you don't laugh you'll cry like.

17 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I see the Tav (ma baw) video is doing the rounds. The one when he runs 60 yards to take a potential quick shy away from Lundstram only for the ball to end up back at Butland!! 

Have mooted this for past few seasons Tav has his pluses but more minuses due to his hold up of play and his inability to take throw-ins/free kicks quickly.

Away at moment and have only seen snippets of our friendly games and the Killie goal. What I don’t get is why we don’t start with or best players e.g. Cantwell and Jack in our first meaningful game.

We are undercooked and the manager doesn't know what his best starting XI is as yet.

Poor preperation and planning in my book.

Add that to the more understandable fact that it will take time for so many new players to settle and gel. However we should have had enough to take 3 points against Kilmarnock.

Beale made a positive difference last season wrt to consistently winning league games but he arrived when we were aleady snookered. Starting this campaign with a defeat to a provincial team is a hugely negative own goal and one that feels like the script to Groundhog day (season).

When the going gets challenging, Beale himself is unconvincing and I don't think he has the necessary qualities to be a Rangers manager. I appreciate that it is a very difficult gig at this juncture in our history but Gerrard as manager, Beale as a coach was the right mix in my book. Beale in charge won't work.

17 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

@BlackSocksRedTops @Graeme Ro55

The graph is a passing network.

The bigger circles mean those players have more of the ball. 

Basically, we're passing it about the defence (big circles) and not getting the ball to our forwards (small circles). 

It's just showing what we've seen with our eyes. 

our ch need to step out with the ball which they did a bit but nothing like enough on Saturday. 

lots and lots to be learned. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

We are undercooked and the manager doesn't know what his best starting XI is as yet.

Poor preperation and planning in my book.

Add that to the more understandable fact that it will take time for so many new players to settle and gel. However we should have had enough to take 3 points against Kilmarnock.

Beale made a positive difference last season wrt to consistently winning league games but he arrived when we were aleady snookered. Starting this campaign with a defeat to a provincial team is a hugely negative own goal and one that feels like the script to Groundhog day (season).

When the going gets challenging, Beale himself is unconvincing and I don't think he has the necessary qualities to be a Rangers manager. I appreciate that it is a very difficult gig at this juncture in our history but Gerrard as manager, Beale as a coach was the right mix in my book. Beale in charge won't work.

How dare you criticise the manager after one game! Ludicrous! Psychosis!

I agree.