[FT] Rangers 2 (Dessers 60' pen; Danilo 68') - 1 Morton

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's early days but some things are already starting to become clear. 

1. Lammers and Sima have brought almost nothing to the team that we didn't already have in Hagi and Sakala. 

2. Hagi will leave if he continues to be sidelined to make way for under performers. Probably in January. That would be a tragedy.

3. When he came to Rangers Colak immediately did what he was signed to do - score goals. His replacement with Dessers and Danilo, together with continuing to cold-shoulder Roofe, has taken us backwards.

I'm genuinely confused about the lack of clear direction from Beale. I can't see a discernible football vision or a strategy to achieve it. New players seem constantly confused, old players are benched and selection seems to be on anything but merit. What's the plan, where are we going?

Couldn't agree more on all 3 points! I'd just add that Sima and Lammers are downgrades on Sakala and Hagi. It feels like Beale was playing fantasy football with the squad this summer. Well he's been backed to make wholesale changes, his changes, so the pressure is on him, let's hope the board make him accountable. 

I hope we're wrong, obviously, but early signs aren't positive.  

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

1. Lammers and Sima have brought almost nothing to the team that we didn't already have in Hagi and Sakala. 

2. Hagi will leave if he continues to be sidelined to make way for under performers. Probably in January. That would be a tragedy.

3. When he came to Rangers Colak immediately did what he was signed to do - score goals. His replacement with Dessers and Danilo, together with continuing to cold-shoulder Roofe, has taken us backwards.

I'm genuinely confused about the lack of clear direction from Beale. I can't see a discernible football vision or a strategy to achieve it. New players seem constantly confused, old players are benched and selection seems to be on anything but merit. What's the plan, where are we going?

Still early, only August etc

37 minutes ago, Bill said:

Nailed it Bill. Agree Completely

42 minutes ago, Bill said:

The next 4 games will tell us a lot. PSV home & away, inform Ross County away then Celtic at home.