[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Some fans need to get a grip FFS. Sunday was always going to be the most important game of this week. Tonight was hugely disappointing but IMO they are a CL level team and we are a team in trying to find an identity. They were dramatically better than last year and have a hugely experienced coach. I get the rewards and status attached to the CL but is it worth getting spanked 6 times for a little bit more cash? Tonight was too soon for this team and it was always going to be. 

I don't disagree with a lot of these points, but surely there are valid criticisms to be made?

(If we're looking for an identity after 9 months (MB tenure), that's quite damning.)

Putting our heads in the sand and saying, 'well—they're a CL side, so we've no chance' is pointless. It's up to the club to get the best out of the resources we have. I don't think we're doing that. 

47 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

You excited?

Hell yeah! 

Still in Europe after that rectal dilation.

Still the opportunity to make money.

Still the opportunity to get the Rangers brand out there to the mass.

BESIDES.  

I have stated on here multiple times that we are a Europa level side.

I think we showed that this evening…

1 minute ago, Malangsob said:

I have stated on here multiple times that we are a Europa level side.

I think we showed that this evening…

No, we showed that we are NOT a CL level side. Time will tell if we are up to the EL level this season. 

11 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Butland is the only Ger who gets pass marks tonight, and saved us from a crazy scoreline.

So far, Jack Butland is the only summer signing who has actually improved the team.