Should Beale be sacked?

Should Beale be sacked?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beale be sacked?

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

Either the players are not listening to him, or he can't communicate his ideas to them.

Absolutely this by the way.

I've always said that I don't think the players under Gio either could do what he wanted or he couldn't break it down for them.

It's a telltale sign that Beale is always exasperated saying 'we didn't get up to the ball' or things like it. He's said it a few times after an OF if I recall rightly. Whilst he's responsible for coaching his ideas and style, ultimately if the players go out on the pitch and can't/won't do it then you're f***ed.

We need a big turnaround anyway.

31 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Absolutely this by the way.

I've always said that I don't think the players under Gio either could do what he wanted or he couldn't break it down for them.

It's a telltale sign that Beale is always exasperated saying 'we didn't get up to the ball' or things like it. He's said it a few times after an OF if I recall rightly. Whilst he's responsible for coaching his ideas and style, ultimately if the players go out on the pitch and can't/won't do it then you're f***ed.

We need a big turnaround anyway.

You are so right. When we had Souness and Gerrard they were able to attract players just because of their status; we won't get anyone like that now.

49 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

Watching the Kilmarnock/Celtic games, I couldn't see any style or cutting edge. Either the players are not listening to him, or he can't communicate his ideas to them.

There is a third option .... that he doesn't actually have any ideas and the proposition that he was the brains behind Gerrard is a complete myth.

I'm just amazed at how many are willing to ignore Beale's obvious failings in order to salve their own consciences about being seen to sack him "too soon". I take the view that the interests of the club come before such sensitivities or the needs of any manager or player. 

If you can't actually point to a specific basis for hope, what does it matter whether he is sacked now or in two months' time. You've watched him manage the team for 10 months, you've seen his signings, you've seen who he let go and who he kept, you've seen us lose half our league games and be embarrassed in Europe. The players look demoralised and disorganised. 

I will give Beale my fullest support if someone can point out a valid and convincing reason to do so.

I dont think any of the no voters are doing so because of any weirdly optimistic takes that he will 100% turn it around... my confidence level has taken a helluva dent and I can see the arguments for letting him go now... I just think its a little too soon.  Its a gut feel, no more.

The reflection seems to be that Beale may be a good coach, but is he a good manager and able to motivate a squad to deliver results consistently, and particularly in big games?  Tomorrow's game will reveal a lot.  A big performance is needed as well as the result.  And the players need to show that they are pulling in the same direction.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I'm just amazed at how many are willing to ignore Beale's obvious failings in order to salve their own consciences about being seen to sack him "too soon". I take the view that the interests of the club come before such sensitivities or the needs of any manager or player. 

If you can't actually point to a specific basis for hope, what does it matter whether he is sacked now or in two months' time. You've watched him manage the team for 10 months, you've seen his signings, you've seen who he let go and who he kept, you've seen us lose half our league games and be embarrassed in Europe. The players look demoralised and disorganised. 

I will give Beale my fullest support if someone can point out a valid and convincing reason to do so.

In fairness his league record is exemplary, you can point to that. Outside of that it's pretty grim.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I am thinking in the interest of the club, we may damage our reputation by not giving managers time to get things right. It's a self inflicted wound because generally our selection of managers has been dire.

4 minutes ago, yuddie said:

his league record is exemplary

If you ignore the matches versus that lot, it's not bad.  For a Rangers manager to be successful, now more than ever, he has to be beating Celtc regularly. 

Beale couldn't even beat them when they were missing their central defence, at Ibrox, with no away fans.  Totally unacceptable!