[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 Livingston

Few times a midfielder or forward had the ball and instead of looking for a forward pass, they immediately turned back.  Seems to be part and parcel of modern football but we need to be a bit braver, particularly against teams like Livvy.  

Got a bit of luck, which he deserved, with both Sima's goals, Ridvan's was a great solo goal and Jack's was a good team goal. Cannot say I've seen anything to change my view of MB's style of play though. We were poor for large spells. Lammers had as many bad touches as good, but did try hard. Dessers was poor again. A real mixed bag tonight. Bring on the jam tarts.

I didn't think it was much better. I thought it was definitely a little better. So much aimless recycling of the ball and the number of chickenshit backward passes was staggering - it's as if we only risk a forward pass if there's a recipient in fully 10 yards of space. Better but essentially the same old problems against an inferior team - including Roofe's seemingly inevitable injury.

Really pleased for Yilmaz - wasn't it another great goal that finally settled Barisic back in the day? Sima has made real progress the last few games.

I worry about Lammers, who seems to lack even basic technical skills, very unusual for a Dutchman.

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 4 - 0 Livingston
9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Lammers shows effort but I think it's fair to say the lad looks substandard.  

He looks like a USV Hercules player to me.  

To me Lammers looks like every time he hits the ball he already believes he won't score, I think 3 years of poor playing has wrecked his confidence and I'm not convinced it is coming back. 

Dessers is another I'm completely flummoxed by. Who buys a completely immobile striker in 2023? 

I hope these guys come good, but I think if Beale is guilty of anything, he is guilty of relying on his knowledge and scouting from years past - not enough due diligence was performed on these guys to understand the types of players they are today.