[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 Livingston

11 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I thought it was a foul. 

I'll take it, though!

Superb finish from Sima.

Not bothered about thinking it's a foul, it's the "if that has been the other way round the referee would have given it" which is imaginary bullshit that shouldn't be allowed.

That was more positive. Our tempo was better, we tried to make things work in the final third and generally deserve our lead.

I'd still like to see us get it forward quicker with too many players turning down vertical balls and/or giving it away too cheaply when we do go direct. And we need to improve our decision-making in and around the box.

But, aye, better.

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I think there is an improvement from Sunday, we look sharper passing, there is an urgency, however lack of shots keeps Livi in the match!. Also ten corners? I think? with no where near scoring from any of them.

Aye the corners have largely been very poor. Livi have a massive team so it's a pity we don't seem to have any ideas on how to mix it up other than hitting the front post with no-one there for the most part.

75 % possession, 9 corners or the like, yet virtually end product. Because we play our football around the centre circle and hardly anyone thinking forward bar our attackers. Once Roofe is trying to get the ball 5 or so meters either side of the halfway line, you know what up.

Yes, we might have expected Livingston to be far more physical and aggressive, but they offered next to nothing. One might have expected from our midfielders to go further forward then, but no. Jack stood back, Lundstram too. The front three ran their legs off, but get next to no real support.

Thanks to Collum, we got a goal, which Sima took well. 

8 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Not bothered about thinking it's a foul, it's the "if that has been the other way round the referee would have given it" which is imaginary bullshit that shouldn't be allowed.

If that was the other way about and a Livi player puts his hand on our fullback, the fullback goes down and the Livi player scores. There is no way any ref gives us a free kick or disallowed the goal. It’s utter garbage. As you said the narrative that comes out anytime we don’t get a decision against us is relentless.