[FT] Sparta Prague 0 - 0 Rangers

27 minutes ago, compo said:

Lammers&Dressers must be the worst double act since Mike-and Bernie Winters 

I am reminded of a story my Old Man used to relate.

He was attending a fund raiser in the Kenilworth Hotel for (Masonic) Lodge Shalom in the late 60s. Mike Winters was in attendance being a prominent British Jew. Jack House was the speaker and he told of Mike and Bernie Winters introduction to Glasgow theatre. It was a second house at the notorious Empire in 1960. They were the stars of the show and introduced as the toast of London. Mike Winters strolled on to the stage and told several jokes - no reaction. He picked up his clarinet(he was a product of the London Royal Conservatoire) and played an intricate medley - no reaction. Panic levels rising and Bernie appeared flashing his lugubrious teeth - there was a reaction as a member of the audience bawled, "aw fcuk ah hope there's only two of them"?

Apparently, Mike Winters laughed as loudly as everyone else in the Kenilworth audience.

Edited by 26th of foot

Strong defensive performance by us despite Sparta's inability to finish clinical. I thought we were lucky to come away with a draw given our first half performance. Proud of the team for the last 20 mins of the 2nd half, where we probably looked more likely to score until their wasted chance late on.

We really need Danilo to be able to start games as soon as possible and Lawrence and Matondo to get themselves back and available.  

Sofascore has the age of the Sparta team at 25.0 and Rangers at 27.7....

Am I being cynical in saying that you could see that for the first 60? Nearly three years younger per player.

We need to bring that down. Starting with the seniors we've got now and then signing younger players.

Edited by yuddie

A lot to process from tonight's performance but ultimately we secured a valuable point at a ground where we have previously known defeat. For me it was a carbon copy of the 21/22 fixture with our goalie having to keep us competitive in the game due to some calamitous defending and poor ball retention. Hopefully we have given ourselves a fighting chance of qualification with back to back home games coming up.

Much for Clement to ponder and my hope is that he's learned more from tonight than he did from Saturdays win over Hibs. Onto to Sunday!

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops