12 games in 37 days will define the season

2 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

I would. But no one can get rid of 10, 15 or 20 players overnight. Not even me. 

That isn't true. If PC had came in and got rid of Rae, appointed a proper coach of stature universally liked and respected by our fans and stated he would be naming a new club captain, telling us he knew the squad wasn't good enough and would be overhauling the squad over the next few windows i would have been well on board. That would have softened the Aris draw. The Aberdeen defeat. The product on the park. I feel sick seeing AR in there and i felt let down that Tav was still going to be wearing the armband. Under yet another Rangers manager. They wee things are massive to me because all the wee things add up. Add up to what we see on the pitch. And it isn't good enough. This club need someone ruthless. PC isn't that guy. Imho. 

Universally liked by fans - how do we gauge this? A coach that you like or respect doesn't mean the majority of fans would feel the same. 

Maybe Rangers should have ran a poll on their website - named 3 coaches and who ever topped the poll got the gig. 

Tav being our starting right back and captain is another matter of opinion. 

Anyway the role of Captain isn't really an issue or priority for me, we should have 11 leaders / captains on the pitch - the one wearing the armband is just the one who takes part in the coin toss. 

Whether PC is the man for the job won't and shouldn’t be decided in a few short weeks, we simply can't keep changing managers on an annual basis.  

Alex Rae isn't a coach - I'd be appalled if he was! - he's an assistant that knows the club. I wouldn't have picked Rae per se, but I'd want someone that knows the club helping out the manager. McAllister did a similar role well.

3 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

Track record. Pedigree. Affiliation to the club. Relationship with the fans. Easier than you think. 

Similar to how some of the biggest clubs in the world appoint their chairman. 

We're beyond opinion with him, that's done, he's finished here. 

For you it may not be important, for me it is paramount. Granted i've played the game so know first hand how important a role it is. 

We simply can't keep appointing the wrong people for the job. That's the problem. The board keep getting it wrong. It's what they do. We went beyond the manager being the issue under Gio and since then, nothing has changed. That's the sad bit. 

Enjoy your night Cammy. I've had enough internet for the night. Bring on the Jambos!  

Well cut the players and manager some slack and direct your ire at those who you deem responsible. 

It's a valid and reasonable view to direct your questions regarding the repeated failures at those running the club. However, your posts are 99% negative towards the players and manager who, if you really do blame the board are just results of their poor management. 

I think its reasonable to question the running of the club and not just on the footballing front, although that's all most fans really care about.

I think I said on another thread that if we make it past the game at Parkhead unbeaten domestically (+ LC win) then we'll win the league.

The only reason I think that wouldn't happen and we do go unbeaten in this time is our medical department and the players injury records (mentality?), to put it bluntly.

It also hinges on us signing a striker in January, I was a Shankland doubter but signing him in January whilst Danilo is crocked is pretty much a priority now and I'd suggest it would give us impetus in the title race.

Of the 8 league games we've got up to Parkhead since the last intl break we're unbeaten in 4 and have won all but one (Aberdeen (a)), i.e we're halfway to the target.

It's a miracle that we're still in this tbh.

Come all ye faithful and back the players, they haven't warranted the support but they won't win this league on their own.

Cheers.

18 minutes ago, buster. said:

I wouldn't have believed that if you hadn't pointed it out. It would be interesting to see how this compares with our January results.