12 games in 37 days will define the season

6 hours ago, CammyF said:

Clement is off to a great start, but it's worth remembering both Gio and Beale also got off to great starts! 

However, it's safe to say it's make or break time for Clement and the players.

I mentioned the other week that Clement just feels different to previous and I like what he is doing, I mentioned there seems to be a bit more professionalism about him and around the place. I think he is much stronger than Gio plus he doesnt have Beale's ego. 

The international break could prove huge as he will have finally had some time to work with the players who werent away so whether it be fitness or tactically, we may start seeing some more improvements.

Sunday is a banana skin though, Id easily take a smash and grab 3 points AKA Arfield. 

34 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

Biggest wage budget in the country, biggest wage budget the club have ever had. We should not be dropping points to any provincial club in Scotland. 9 wins for 9 and watch them implode. 

If only it was that simple.

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

GvB and the Cockney Caixinha didn't inherit messed up squads, like Clement has.  I think most of us will give him some more leeway because of that.

Blaming Rangers supporters for the sackings of GvB and Beale is an odd take anyway.  GvB had lost the squad and didn't have what it takes and Beale should never have been appointed in the first place.  They were both lucky they lasted so long.

That's a weird take on what I actually said. I continually advocate that we need stability and can't continue to sack managers every year and certainly don't blame the fans for Beale and Gio sackings. 

I think we've seen significant evidence that the squad isn't as messed up as we thought. Sima, Danilo, Matando and a few others have shown they may just have what it takes.

I think history shows that if we capitulate between now and January, there will be mumbling from sections of the fanbase. 

11 hours ago, CammyF said:

Clement is off to a great start, but it's worth remembering both Gio and Beale also got off to great starts! 

I think that’s a fair assessment.

Although I’d argue Clement looks to have put more of a structure and a style of play in place with tempo and urgency. Which Gio and Beale never really managed.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

Some folks seem to like to dream and set targets. I dislike it and much prefer to take it as it comes, one game at a time. Judgements are meant to be made while looking backwards, not forwards.

This.

I dislike these posts. 

Every game is crucial; every game is must-win; every game defines our season. It was always thus. 

@Rousseau you automatically came in to my head when I saw the opening post

For me the League Cup final is the must win. Getting through in Europe would be good but I would rather win the group or finished 3rd. 2nd would mean extra games in an already packed schedule and against CL drop outs

League wise - I would love to be proved wrong - but I think we are too far back already

15 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

The League Cup final v Dolly will surely see us welcome back the old trophy

We salute your confidencability, Tsb.

Really only two difficult fixtures in that list. Recent Rangers, however, have made all fixtures difficult but maybe Clement is changing the loser mentality.