Christian Dailly Signed

i bet you don't. i bet you sit there till he turns out to be not bad and then cheer him on like the others...in my lifetime gary stevens, ally mccoist, jorg albertz, mark hateley, right up to alan hutton. 'he's pish! whit a disgrace!' right enough, lets decide how good he is from watching the occasional game on MoTD over the last 10 years.

this is indicitive of the fact that there's not much to moan about just now.

i bet you don't. i bet you sit there till he turns out to be not bad and then cheer him on like the others...in my lifetime gary stevens, ally mccoist, jorg albertz, mark hateley, right up to alan hutton. 'he's pish! whit a disgrace!' right enough, lets decide how good he is from watching the occasional game on MoTD over the last 10 years.

this is indicitive of the fact that there's not much to moan about just now.

Mate... if ure satisfied at bringing in a player like him on a short term move then i just dont get it.

Why get him when long term players like broadfoot are sitting on a cold bench when they could be tried to set their name on the team sheet for future.

I actually quite like Dailly although i admit he is not the big name signing i was hoping for. He can play in defence or midfield so it does give us extra cover there if needed. I have a suspicious feeling we are going to have another disappointing January sale. Possibly another few last day diddy buys as in the last few years. I hope i am wrong.

I think there is a slight over reaction on Dailly, its not as if we are signing someone in the Capucho mould.

Dailly is just past his best thats all. He was playing decently for Southampton until Xmas and Burley wanted to keep him on but West Ham recalled him.

He could easy do a job in the SPL albeit would be a more attractive signing for the likes of Dundee Utd, Aberdeen or Hibs.

Yes its not adventureous for Rangers but its a good short term signing seen as Ugo is leaving and Webster is never fit. He can play the holding midfield role and centre half.

The guy is a legend after the Germany away game a few years ago anyway.

Dailly can play anywhere can't he - including striker...

I think he's just an insurance policy as we're short in cover for defensive midfielder with Thomson in for an operation.

When it comes to a crunch UEFA cup tie, an OF game or a couple of cup finals, would you rather have a youth player playing or a highly experienced international?

I doubt he'll play much or cost that much, but if we have an injury crisis he could be quite handy.

Buying insurance has never been exciting and the money is always paid grudgingly...

Dailly can play anywhere can't he - including striker...

I think he's just an insurance policy as we're short in cover for defensive midfielder with Thomson in for an operation.

When it comes to a crunch UEFA cup tie, an OF game or a couple of cup finals, would you rather have a youth player playing or a highly experienced international?

I doubt he'll play much or cost that much, but if we have an injury crisis he could be quite handy.

Buying insurance has never been exciting and the money is always paid grudgingly...

The only problem is for me is that he is not any better IMO to the fringe players we have farless the first team players. I know we want to do our best in Europe and the league but IMO yonger players esspecially won't get any experience if they don't play in these games and I would rather see a young player getting his chance than an 'older' player just coming in. But if it cost us the league that's a different story but IMO we have better cover than Dailly even after letting Ugo go.

:D

And that's exactly why young Scottish players at Rangers haven't got a chance because WS thinks exactly the same! Personally, I find that the wrong attitude to have.

I don't know. You can introduce young players in the easier, less crucial games.

Fleck is due to play against East Stirlingshire at age 16. Naismith is getting a good run in the team at 20. Thomson and Whittaker both get a game at 22. He's continued with MacGregor, Hutton, Burke and Adam.

Le Guen had a very young team and look where that took us.

Young teams are always inconsistent - just look at the Hibs team. If you look at where many of their players are now they should have been able to take on the OF but didn't and in fact, 6 of their young players went on to play for the OF.

What you need is a balance of youth and experience and I think Walter is achieving this.

I'm not saying that the whole team should be full of youth players, the team does need experience but WS prefers to sign older more experienced players on short term moves rather than saving the club money on wages and giving a promising youngster a chance.

The money saved on wages could be spent on a better standard of player who'll be at Rangers longer than 5/6 months.