Striker Boyd standing at crossroads in Rangers career

Should Boyd start up front on Wednesday  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Boyd start up front on Wednesday

• Yes
    • No

Its a tough one. If Cousin is in the mood and WS plays 1 upfront then Id play DC. He proved against Barca he is the best at that role.

Id only play Boyd if Buffel plays behind him. Thats the way I feel we'd get more out of him. With a solid midfield 4 then Buffel in a free role Boyd would get away with doing nothing.

But I actually like the look of Frasers team. Its got pace and excitement about it.

But Im with Gav, WS will play 1 upfront and I think it will be Boyd.

sorry m8 and i know you like him but buffel and boyd both doing nothing up front doesn't inspire me, sorry to keep slagging buffel off but this doesn't make sense to me at all.........and don't tell me that buffel works his socks off or can stay in a game for long periods, if you do i'd love to see the evidence :devil: boyd doesn't do much but scores goals for fun.

I'd play naismith, novo, even gow well before buffel and these could all play beside boyd very well IMO

I doubt buffel will get in the squad or even near it but i could be wrong :drink:

only my opinion same as yours m8 :cheers:

Boyd plays, scores but we are generally lethargic going forward...not Boyd's fault tho' IMO but we seemed happy to hit long balls up to mcculloch while falkirk passed the ball about on saturday...then Naismith comes on Boyd goes off and all of a sudden we have a bit of variety of play going forward... therein lies the Boyd dilemma

BTW i thought Naismith was superb again on saturday...has wee off days here and there but this bear enjoys watching him

Boyd plays, scores but we are generally lethargic going forward...not Boyd's fault tho' IMO but we seemed happy to hit long balls up to mcculloch while falkirk passed the ball about on saturday...then Naismith comes on Boyd goes off and all of a sudden we have a bit of variety of play going forward... therein lies the Boyd dilemma

BTW i thought Naismith was superb again on saturday...has wee off days here and there but this bear enjoys watching him

Yep, that was my view as well

McCulloch offers very little in my view, except an out ball and it stops us trying to play football

I don't think this game will be played in an area of the field that will suit Boyd. Boyd is a penalty box striker and personally i don't see us being able to pressurise Pana into the last third of the field. We need someone who can hold onto the ball to bring the midfield into play. Super sub for me.

I don't know what's going to happen if Cousin is not allowed to move to Fulham,that obviously means he will stay with us for the rest of the season?,if he plays on Wed and gets injured will he still go to Fulham?,and all through this fiasco Boyd must be thinking about getting out of Ibrox,and who could blame him,as i've already stated i'm a fan of Boyd as I happen to think it's the system that goes against him.Cousin will leave either now or at the end of the season,and we could lose Boyd as well ,especially if Cousin plays on Wed and Boyd doesn't,so WS will be looking to bring in another striker,Miller ?.

I'd like to see Naismith and Boyd given a chance up front.

In the SPL against lower league sides then yes but not against Panathinikos. I dont think the former Kilmarnock strike force is good enough to blast us into the next round. This side are good and we need a bit of bite about us.

Boyd has proved his level is the SPL at best and struggles in big matches. I like Fraser's team but id still play Cousin.