Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

He's 6ft 5in.. someone name me a 6ft 5in winger?

He's an out and out striker who has scored 10 goals in 85 games..

Your a bit baffled by this one then Beattie!! :D

Maybe he is that hold up player that we needs to assist Boyd!! ;)

Your a bit baffled by this one then Beattie!! :D

Maybe he is that hold up player that we needs to assist Boyd!! ;)

Except that Boyd may be on his way to Cardiff! Baffling all right - his scoring record isn't any better than Miller's, for club or country, yet are we gonna get heaps of obloquy (good word that) from the KM baiters?

Anyway, our starting line up - any 2 (or 1) from Velicka, Miller or Lafferty!

KYLE LAFFERTY will arrive in Glasgow this afternoon to complete a �£3million move to Rangers.

The Ibrox side beat off Celtic - who had offered �£2.65m plus add-ons, including Derek Riordan - for the highly-rated Northern Ireland striker.

Rangers, though, have also added a player to the deal and it's believed Alan Gow will move to Burnley.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/rangers-fc/2008/06/17/exclusive-rangers-set-to-complete-3m-kyle-lafferty-deal-today-86908-20610307/

Are we going to miss out the midfield all together next season :D

Im 50 times more depressed about signing Lafferty than Kenny Miller. I hope im proved wrong here.

Im weighing up last season forward line to this coming seasons:

JCD, Cousin, Boyd, Novo

v

Miller, Velicka, Lafferty, Novo

Oh, and good luck Alan Gow, I hope you reveal what you did to not get a game!

I think there is no chance that we have finished bringing players in. The 6M budget has always looked like a hoax to me, to wind up Rangers fans. SDM said WS would get a similar budget to last year - that was about a gross 12.5M on players purchases.

We should also not forget that you can get some great players on a Bosman or freebie - a la Prso and some very good ones like Weir and Alexander, and also some squad fillers like Dailly and Broadfoot.

I can't see someone as sensible as Walter spending all his budget on one part of the team when there are other obvious weaknesses.

At minimum we need a full back (possibly who can play both sides), a right winger and a creative central midfielder. We could also do with another centre half but with Wier and Webster staying, we're probably covered. However, I think we'll get another in if Dailly goes.

The most disappointing thing is that it looks like we're no going to bring in a striker who will excite us. The position is pretty much filled.

I think there are some other players we already have who will play a big part next season and almost be like new signings: Webster, Smith, Beasley and Fleck.

Except that Boyd may be on his way to Cardiff! Baffling all right - his scoring record isn't any better than Miller's, for club or country, yet are we gonna get heaps of obloquy (good word that) from the KM baiters?

Anyway, our starting line up - any 2 (or 1) from Velicka, Miller or Lafferty!

Yes, the calumny from the anti KM brigade will be deafning... I can see another group airing similar to Lafferty. He is though, like Miller unproven but lets not forget they are coming to a league that is not as good as the one's they leave.

"alexscottislegend dictionary Loyal!!"

I think there is no chance that we have finished bringingnext season and almost be like new signings: Webster, Smith, Beasley and Fleck.

Talking of Smith, anyone know what the real situation is with him? He came back last season v Thistle, then was left out, maybe because he wasn't fully match fit. But is there really a doubt about his career? If not, I can't believe we would be linked with the Argentine from Monaco, considering we have good cover with Papac and even Whittaker.

With the signing of 3 strikers and no links to ANY midfielder, I wonder if WS plans are an attacking 4-3-3 football next season, something like this: :)

_________________McGregor___________________

Whittaker_____Carlos_______Webster______Papac

_______Davis______Ferguson_____Thomson_______

_____Miller_________Velicka______Lafferty________

With a back up team of:

_________________Alexander___________________

???????_______Webster_____Broadfoot______Smith

_______Furman_____Hemdani______Beasley_______

_______Novo_______Boyd_________McCulloch____