Kenny Miller - Deal Completed

Mark Hughes has, according to something I heard on the radio yesterday, spent a net �£4million as Blackburn manager. He's brought in players like Bentley, McCarthy, Santa Cruz. There are bargains out there to be had, it's a case of scoutingnetworks, selling the clubs and paying the wages.

But it's easier to attract players to the EPL,regardless of what you pay them,no doubt there are bargains out there,but do you honestly think the players you have mentioned would come to the SPL ?

Best post I've seen in a long time. Rather than trying and failing to compete in the big money market we should be buying up potential from overseas and moving them on to the Barcas and Manu's when they develop. I wouldn't feel so bad about losing players then. Look at Africa. We once had a young lad from South Africa - name of Madigage - but it didn't work out. However, that was before Murray Park. Very few youngsters are going to walk straight into Fergie's team or Real's; in fact they could be stuck in the reserves for years. We, however, could give them first team football much earlier.

I think the RST, Rangers Assembly, whatever, should lobby SDM and demand a thorough overhaul of the scouting system. Be pro-active, not wait for the Arsenals to snap up promising young talent which isn't ready for the premiership. That is what the French clubs seem to be doing now.

It's horrifying to think that the Championship could be leaving us behind. The only other solution is to resurrect the Atlantic League idea, but that's for another time.

Thanks for the appreciation mate. I reckon your spot on about the various supporters groups needing to get something done about this. If we really have any ambition of getting to a decent level on the park, then youth is the only way forward. With the facilities we have to offer, we should be right up there with Ajax and Arsenal in terms of developing boys from all over the world. Some will say that we have a great crop about to come through but fleck is a rare gem and Efrem, the other lad who looks a bit special came from guess where? Arsenal. He didn't make the grade there and Ewan the Super (only) Scout picked him up. Casting the net far and wide as per.

Frankie if you've not fallen oot wi them too badly can you perhaps give the RST chaps a wee nudge on this?:rfc:

The only way we will ever get to the next level now is by developing our young quality players. We cannot buy our way to the next level now, certainly not on the transfer budgets available to us

This is true to a certain extent....

then you look at the excellent capture of Cuellar...there are bargains out there,we just need the proper scouting to unearth them.

Derby County chairman Adam Pearson has revealed that Kenny Miller is close to sealing a move back to Rangers.The 28-year-old Scotland international joined the Rams for around �£3million from Celtic last summer and netted four times in 30 appearances during a difficult season at Pride Park.

However, Miller has been allowed to hold talks with Rangers after the two clubs agreed a fee for his services.

The well-travelled striker spent one season at Rangers in 2000/01 and worked successfully under now Gers boss Walter Smith during his time at the Scotland helm.

"The two clubs have agreed a deal and we are reasonably happy with the package, so it is now down to Kenny to sort things out with Rangers," revealed Pearson.

"I don't envisage any problems because Kenny is keen to go to Rangers and Rangers are keen to sign him.

"We have had one firm offer and three serious enquiries about signing him but Kenny told us he wasn't interested because he wants to go to Rangers."

looks like kenny will def be back then

I hope he gets backing from the fans if he signs,which looks likely,he isn't a popular signing but I would still like to think the Rangers fans will get behind him,as with all players,wether they think he should sign or not

Maybe Boyd and Miller can coach each other for their opposite strengths...

If Miller could teach Boyd how to hold the ball up and work industriously and Boyd could teach Miller how to get in the box and score, then we could have two very good players.

Neither seems to want to learn though...