Euro 08 Official Thread

I'll go for Croatia to beat Turkey. Got Croatia at 12/1 E/W pre-tournament so quite happy that they have got Turkey in the QF.

The next one is very tight, but I think Portugal will shade it. Scholari will have then tactically spot on to beat the Germans who have not been that good in the poorest quality group.

Holland all the way in this one. Playing some great football and I have got them at 12/1 for the tournament which generous only because of their group. Russia are a good side but I think Holland will be too good for them.

This is the one I am looking forward to the most. Can Spain finally (11/2 pre-tournament) nail a big competition. I would love to see them against Holland in the semi, but I fear that the experienced Italians will scare them off and the Spanish will bottle it as usual. One good point towards Spain is that both Gattuso and Pirlo are both suspended, so I will go for Spain.

Then Croatia to beat Portugal, Holland to beat Spain and Holland to beat Croatia and I am quids in and have paid for our opening away European fixture.

Anyone that got Italy at 20/1 or the Dutch at 12/1 should be looking atr laying them back - Italy are in to 7/1 and Holland are 7/2 favourites. By laying them back you get a risk free bet on them both and, in fact, you can manipulate your bet to ensure a profit regardless of them winning or losing the tournament.

Betfair is the best place to make the bet.

Betting questionm I stuck �£10 on Nuno Gomes to be Portugals top goalscorer at the start of the tournament. He has ended up joint top scorer with about 5others. So.. do I get my cash ?

Asking more in hope than expectation.

I dont know exactly how it works but you will definitely get your stake back and they may pro-rate the winning portion of the bet. Not sure though and it differs between bookmakers

I dont know exactly how it works but you will definitely get your stake back and they may pro-rate the winning portion of the bet. Not sure though and it differs between bookmakers

Cheers.

It was with coral. I had a look at dead heat rules but could only find rules on horse racing. Their was 8 people joint top goalscorer so if they do it the same as horse racing, my �£10 will be divided by 8 and I'll get a grand total of �£15 back. :D:sigh:

Cant believe I never backed Germany yesterday. I totally fancied them. I said at the start of the tournament once Portugal come up against a team like Germany they wont be able to play there game.

Craig, Ive got Holland at 12/1 and BoyHarley has Italy at 20s

Cant believe I never backed Germany yesterday. I totally fancied them. I said at the start of the tournament once Portugal come up against a team like Germany they wont be able to play there game.

Craig, Ive got Holland at 12/1 and BoyHarley has Italy at 20s

I have Germany to win it but only with the hopes they make the final so I can then bet against them for a risk free bet. I also have them, Croatia and Holland to qualify for the semis.

I saw you and tbh had those teams Gribz, hence why I suggested it. Is your decision though - you either leave your bet as it is (and with Holland I would be tempted to leave it) but you can set up an account at betfair and "lay" Holland (Italy in tbh's case) to give yourself, worst case, a risk-free bet.

If you are interested in doing that and need a hand let me know.

I have Germany to win it but only with the hopes they make the final so I can then bet against them for a risk free bet. I also have them, Croatia and Holland to qualify for the semis.

I saw you and tbh had those teams Gribz, hence why I suggested it. Is your decision though - you either leave your bet as it is (and with Holland I would be tempted to leave it) but you can set up an account at betfair and "lay" Holland (Italy in tbh's case) to give yourself, worst case, a risk-free bet.

I'll have another bet after the quarters. Ive also got Russia at 22/1 as an outside bet but either Holland or Russia are going out as they meet each other. After that il have another team. Germany are looking fine to come good but Italy must be boyant (sp) at the moment.

Was thinking about it, but i only stuck a tener on it, i'll cover it if they get to the final. Bit short on cash just now so no betting for me til the final probably