In my humble opinion, I think we did, especially towards the end of the season, se an improvement. His holding of the ball and link-up play got better he tracked back more often and occasionally harried opposition defenders. He's never going to be the complete player, but he is working on his weaknesses.

In my humble opinion, I think we did, especially towards the end of the season, se an improvement. His holding of the ball and link-up play got better he tracked back more often and occasionally harried opposition defenders. He's never going to be the complete player, but he is working on his weaknesses.

A very very small minority of the Boyd doubters on here actually admitted to an improvement to Boyd's game at any part of last season.

He was always the player who got most stick from these boards, bar a few who backed him 100%every time he appeared!

Let's put it this way - If Boyd stays at Rangers for another 8-10 years, he will finish his career as top scorer in Rangers history ...as well as the SPL and more than likely for Scotland too. He'll also hold these records for many years. FACT

Henceforth, how can we even be discussing what he brings to the team and whether we should keep him :confused:

Just read John Macmillan's comments regarding the Boyd story. Is this guy suffering from some form of dementia??

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3717873,00.html

'Mixed feelings' ??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but since when did any gers fans claim Boyd wasn't good enough? OK, some think he can't play the lone striker role - some disagree, myself included. Some think he can't cut it against better opposition. Again, I disagree. He's currently got the best goals-games ratio by far for the National side. 'They' said he couldn't score against Celtic ...Until he did. The same 'fans' and mhedia pundits who question our top scorer's abilities, no doubt said Alan Hutton was 'no good' not too long ago. :sigh:

That said, despite there being some dissagreement amongst the support over young Boyd's (he is only 24 afterall) current limitations, I can't ever recall a single instance of a Rangers fan saying we should 'get rid'. In fact, I would expect nothing short of an outrage if Boyd was to be sold for 3x the figures being quoted.

'with better players giving him better service, it could change people's attitude and we could see a Kris Boyd who scores goals again' - As opposed to what exactly John??? Where have you been for the past couple of seasons??? Surely our fanbase deserves better representation than this eedjit. :mad:

'Mixed feelings' ??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but since when did any gers fans claim Boyd wasn't good enough? OK, some think he can't play the lone striker role - some disagree, myself included. Some think he can't cut it against better opposition. Again, I disagree. He's currently got the best goals-games ratio by far for the National side. 'They' said he couldn't score against Celtic ...Until he did. The same 'fans' and mhedia pundits who question our top scorer's abilities, no doubt said Alan Hutton was 'no good' not too long ago. :sigh:

That said, despite there being some dissagreement amongst the support over young Boyd's (he is only 24 afterall) current limitations, I can't ever recall a single instance of a Rangers fan saying we should 'get rid'. In fact, I would expect nothing short of an outrage if Boyd was to be sold for 3x the figures being quoted

I guess you've not been reading FF for the last couple of years. After nearly any game Boyd plays there's a thread where many of the posts basically say he's rubbish and we should sell him.

Let's put it this way - If Boyd stays at Rangers for another 8-10 years, he will finish his career as top scorer in Rangers history ...as well as the SPL and more than likely for Scotland too. He'll also hold these records for many years. FACT

Henceforth, how can we even be discussing what he brings to the team and whether we should keep him :confused:

Not wanting to be pedantic here but when you project into the future you CANNOT state it as fact - is is impossible to do so.

But, if you see my previous post about this, I would be inclined to agree with you, at least in terms of Rangers and the SPL.

It is amazing that for the last 6 or 7 years we, the Rangers fans, have been screaming out that we need to find a new McCoist, someone to give s 20+ goals a season. Now that we have him (I doubt he will ever be as good as McCoist was, but he does have time on his side if he shows a desire to improve) we are looking at ways to get rid of him and he is subjected to the largest criticism of most, if not all, current Rangers players.

He scored 25 goals last season and most of them were coming off the bench, yet he still took pelters.

For a comparison, I remember watching the Falkirk v Rangers game and Gers pulled Cousin off after about 80 mins. Boyd replaced him. Boyd did more running, more hassling, more tracking back AND he stuck the ball in the back of the net..... he did more in 10 mins than Cousin had done in 80.

Yet Cousin doesn't suffer as much criticism as Boyd does (at least not until he showed his true desire to NOT be at Ibrox).

boyd boyd krissy krissy boyd he gets the ball and scores a goal krissy krissy boyd! a think this says it all if he can get 25 goals for a season and that just coming off the bench thats good enough for me who cares about his all round game he is a goal machine!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:

Boyd is the only player on the books that you could say will get you goals,some argue he is ok for the SPL and is no good in europe.Well next season the SPL is a must so we will need his goals so therefore has to stay IMO

I guess you've not been reading FF for the last couple of years. After nearly any game Boyd plays there's a thread where many of the posts basically say he's rubbish and we should sell him.

I was under the impression that was just the timposters at it again. After all, what 'real' Rangers fan in their right mind would want rid of their top goalscorer?

I was under the impression that was just the timposters at it again. After all, what 'real' Rangers fan in their right mind would want rid of their top goalscorer?

*cough* *cough* :admin: :admin:

Dont go asking those type of questions on here........a few will be champin at the bit to give you their reasons........unfortunately :moon:

Kris Boyd :notworthy: