by Lindsay Herron

NACHO NOVO is almost certainly out of the vital Old Firm clash at Parkhead on February 15 after damaging his ankle in today's 2-0 win over Dundee United.

The little Spaniard, who was the inspiration for last Wednesday's Co-operative Insurance Cup win over Falkirk, took a knock early in the game and then suffered again just before half-time, forcing him tNacho Novo gets treatmento come off.

The Rangers medical team have confirmed there is no break but there is considerable discomfort.

Boss Walter Smith said: "He has a badly sprained ankle and it will keep him out for a few weeks so that is a disappointing aspect."

Sasa Papac, however, will be ready for the Celtic clash. He was left out of today's game which meant that he could not incur a booking which would rule him out of the Celtic game by going through the penalty points barrier.

Smith, however, insisted the move was tactical. He said: "We had a situation there where Dundee United's aerial threat was something we had to handle and I just felt that Kirk Broadfoot would handle that on the left side.

"However, Sasa will be back - I just felt it was something we had to do today."

Sad news for Novo.

Please please play 4-4-2 with Boyd and Lafferty/Naismith up front. Lafferty the better option IMO. Refreshing to see that we have options up top though so lets not go simply not looking to lose! I hate that mentality!

We've still got an extra week with the Forfar game so Novo may make it yet.

I hope WS sticks to leaving Boyd out of the OF game, its proven he isnt any use in these games. Miller did well in the last game. In fact WS got it spot on in the last game.

Yesterday would have been another game were Boyd would do nothing for all the game and then had he not gone off would have hit the pen scored and been made hero and we would be hearing how he won the game for us.

Sad news for Novo.

Please please play 4-4-2 with Boyd and Lafferty/Naismith up front. Lafferty the better option IMO. Refreshing to see that we have options up top though so lets not go simply not looking to lose! I hate that mentality!

Normally I'd agree but we can't afford to lose this one and this fixture is due a draw, so I'd settle for a point. Laff and Naismith for me if Novo doesn't make it.

We've still got an extra week with the Forfar game so Novo may make it yet.

I hope WS sticks to leaving Boyd out of the OF game, its proven he isnt any use in these games. Miller did well in the last game. In fact WS got it spot on in the last game.

Yesterday would have been another game were Boyd would do nothing for all the game and then had he not gone off would have hit the pen scored and been made hero and we would be hearing how he won the game for us.

What "last game" are you talking about? He was utter, utter shite agaist Celtic at Ibrox. Miller's a liability!

What "last game" are you talking about? He was utter, utter shite agaist Celtic at Ibrox. Miller's a liability!

I agree completely.

If we are seriously talking about Miller as a means of salvaging anything from this season then we're in much worse shape than I thought. Miller may be the least talented player to pass expensively through the Ibrox doors in many a day.

If someone just doesn't like Boyd I guess that isn't gonna change. But to say Miller has been anything other than crap for nigh on 2 months is ridiculous.

We should go 4-4-2 and we should plkay Boyd as the form striker. One bad game against United is enough to see him dropped?

And an average half game (at best) from Miller after 2 months of shite is enough to see him become first choice again after a wee spell on the bench??

4-4-2 Boyd and Lafferty if Novo is definitely out.