Guest The_Rock

I cant wait till fergusons back , I think he brings out the best in people , not afraid to have a dig unlike our current midlielders , if he gets back to his best , then we shoudl reach our full petential .

NO SURRENDER :thup:

Agreed but drawing with the likes of Dundee Utd and Dunfermline isn't acceptable is it?

If you dominate the game and create chances, I'd say it's acceptable. We've been doing it every season for a hundred years. We've had one season when we won every game and that's it.

More lauded Rangers teams have lost to some lower half teams and still won the league at a canter.

What is unacceptable is being outplayed and beaten convincingly by a smaller club, or going ten games without a win while looking like we don't have a clue.

There is a difference between having a few hiccoughs and being genuinely sick.

The thing we all LOVE about Gersnet is the range of differing opinions.

My opinion is we are on a completely different planet in football terms this season. Yes, it's frustrating not beating DU, Pars or Killie, but feck me, we're unbeaten, a point off the top of the league, playing well and we still have players to come back from injury...including our captain and best player(IMO).

We have a talented and exciting young manager and a very strong young squad. IMO the final piece of the jigsaw would be a strong ball winning centre half who can organise and distribute.

All in all lads, as a football team I think we're in a decent place at the moment and going forward.

Just close your eyes and visualise the absolutely fuckin' crap football we had to endure last season.:ffs: ........surely we have to be happy about where we are now. :thup: ....WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

IMO a large part of the reason that we have some unhappy Bears in the ranks is because of the football we have been playing in the first few games of the season - a double-edged sword if you will.

When PLG was announced there was almost the unanimous opinion that we would give PLG time to get rid of the dead-wood, bring in his own players, have them playing the way he wants,make strides with Murray Park and the youth system.......... and most said that we would accept not winning the league this season as long as we were making positive movements in the right direction as a club.

However, the high standard of performances against Motherwell, DU and Hearts (even Dunfermline & Killie should have been beaten comfortably) means that all of a sudden we have the "we are playing great stuff so we should win the league" mentality.

Had we started the season playing poorly I actually think that we would be applying LESS pressure to the team and PLG because we had already "accepted" that we would be rebuilding from the ground up.

The fact we hit the ground running performance-wise means we have now ignored that "rebuilding" and expect instant wins and trophies.

Before the season started we wanted a competitive team on the park (not necessarily winning ALL the time but competitive), good coaching, improvements being made with our media stance as a club, improvements at Murray Park, better youth development.

I for one happen to think we have all of the above moving in the right direction. And having played only FIVE games of the new regime I can't believe just how much of an improvement we have already seen (and let's not forget that we have not spent a LOT of money on players - which for me shows that PLG has the tactical nous to do VERY WELL without having to spend copious amounts of money to spend).

Also lets not forget that PLG still thinks this team will get better, which is very worrying for the rest of the SPL because in EACH of those five games we should have been blowing teams out of sight - only bad defending, bad finishing and some bad luck have prevented us from scoring 5 or 6 goals in EACH of those games.

I still maintain that the future is very bright and we are much further forward in terms of quality than most of us would have believed we could ever be 4 or 5 months ago when PLG was appointed.

I for one am pleased with the way we've started the season,great attacking football. After last season i was wanting us to at least be up there challenging for the title, so far we're doing that and with a new team i also think will improve as long as we the fans keep giving the team the support that they are getting now. The atmosphere is ten times better already than it was last season, let this team grow and after a few months i think you'll see a solid unit playing good football, with results to match.

How much have we spent? I make it a net 2M.

Makes Eck's parting shot look a bit silly when he rued that his replacement would have proper money to spend after his run in the CL.

It's not much, yet the team is transformed. The personnel isn't that much different with 4 of Eck's signings with starting berths as well as a few of the youths he brought through to the team.

I couldn't believe how we played last year with a team that looked good on paper and who were earning decent wages. And we seemed to get worse with every game.

We were tearing our hair out about not being able to string a few passes together and now some complain that after some great football and a plethora of chances, we just can't quite find the back of the net often enough.

People were defending Eck after four years when it was obvious he was past his sell by date, let's keep off PLG's back while he's fresh and his brand of football quite tasty - if not quite as satisfying as we'd like.

It takes time to find the right ingredients and make them into a gourmet main course, let's not moan at the chef when we've only tasted his light appetiser.

It is far too early to criticise and worry, BUT we still have the same problems that we had last season - Boyd apart, we don't have ANYONE who can find the net regulary - we can not defend set-pieces, nor score from ours - we can not retain the ball from throw-ins and we can not or are not willing to shoot from distance.

Some of PLG signings haven't settled in and some are looking poor signings to be honest. After a great start at Motherwell, Sioko looks slow, cumbersome and can't cross a ball (and he cuts inside far to often). Svensson looks woefull - he can't head a ball and therefore allows the ball to bouce which causes panic in the defence. Surely Marvin Andrews is a better option than Svensson at the moment? As for Sebo, he has pace, but thats about it - he could be PLG's Franny Jeffers (I hope not tho).

Next, the boy that is Alan Hutton - I can understand fans backing him, but he has been shocking this season - he plays far to narrow and is open for balls over the top where the winger has loads of room.

Also on Sunday, PLG's tactics and subs have to be questioned - he removed Martin, the only player in the team that caused a threat going forward. Prso was wasteful in front of goal all game yet was moved to left wing.

As I said, too early to make long-term judgements, but we need to improve and we need to improve vastly, and quickly. The inability to defend and to kill teams off is crippling us at the moment. 2 wins and 3 draws is, given the opposition so far (Motherwell, DUFC, DAFC, Hearts & Killie), is unacceptable IMO.

Cammy F

Give the guy time. 5 games ffs. He has not had time to put in a new bin bag in his office waste paper basket. We look to be heading in the right direction and last year we topped the league in the beginning and then evaporated. This year we have to be ready for a long haul. A last day league win will suit me fine.