Rangers FC no longer for sale

I have been called worse by far better men than you sir!!! :flipa:

Other people have mentioned these 'better men than you' before, and I am sure I will stumble across one any day now :D :spl::fish:

I'm speechless... Really never thought the Ellis deal would come to anything & all I can feel right now is disbelief.

If it's true & there's now some money behind the club via this consortium, then it's hopefully great news!

The publisher of the "rumour" has according to my well placed sources, become rather less than certain as to the parentage or validity of said rumour, apparently the phrase ""either way" is now being introduced, must be to let the frenzied masses down lightly or heavily. Good intelligence is always hard to come by...........

What's wrong with waiting until there actually is an announcement and confirmation that an acquisition has been made? Why all the rush for self-vindication? Surely this is about Rangers, not whether some supporters ego gets a massage by being right in a 50-50 contest.

Oh and be careful what you wish for. No one has yet made any substantive statement about their intentions for Rangers, whether or not they actually acquire the club - so what exactly is being celebrated here? Whatever happens, there will be other days to follow that are much more important than some dude we know nothing about cracking champers on a deal we equally know nothing about.

The publisher of the "rumour" has according to my well placed sources, become rather less than certain as to the parentage or validity of said rumour, apparently the phrase ""either way" is now being introduced, must be to let the frenzied masses down lightly or heavily. Good intelligence is always hard to come by...........

Quelle surprise!

so what exactly is being celebrated here?

I don't think anything is being celebrated. We all just want an end to the sorry saga, and the site of that end is a welcome diversion from the nothingness we've been presented with. Whether, when you get to the end, there isn't some evil waiting it's impossible to say.

Whatever happens, there will be other days to follow that are much more important than some dude we know nothing about cracking champers on a deal we equally know nothing about.

Given that we've no more information than we previously had, there's nout wrong with having a N_L versus wabash battle in the interim. :D

Given that we've no more information than we previously had, there's nout wrong with having a N_L versus wabash battle in the interim. :D

I know who I'm backing and would quote a post on FF to back it up (if only I hadn't collected so many life bans) but in time-honoured fashion I offer only vague inference and couldn't possibly reveal my source, or his phone number.:)

Guest Northampton_loyalist
What's wrong with waiting until there actually is an announcement and confirmation that an acquisition has been made? Why all the rush for self-vindication? Surely this is about Rangers, not whether some supporters ego gets a massage by being right in a 50-50 contest.

Oh and be careful what you wish for. No one has yet made any substantive statement about their intentions for Rangers, whether or not they actually acquire the club - so what exactly is being celebrated here? Whatever happens, there will be other days to follow that are much more important than some dude we know nothing about cracking champers on a deal we equally know nothing about.

I absolutely unreservedly agree Maineflyer. If you look through all my posts I have never gone further than saying that I hope Ellis does the deal and is as good as his word (note, the two go hand in in hand in that sentance, I ONLY want him to do the deal IF he is as good as his word, just to be clear), his word being that he would act in the best interests of the club.

The deal is done and it is a matter of timing now for it being made official. I would have hoped, and said as much, that we would have a period between an agreement with Murray and Ellis signing the deal to chew over his plans. It is a source of concern that we might not see that. Not getting it means we can only react after the fact which is a bad situation to be in.

We are in a position now of hoping that AJ and the rest of the panel scrutinize the deal very carefully and comment honestly. Even although their words carry no weight in terms of a veto, they will carry plenty of weight with the support. If they give an indication that there are concerns we need to be ready for it. On the other hand, if they give a clean bill of health and a thumbs up, we need to take that under consideration.