Rangers bid for Croatian hitman Jelavic

49 goals in 136 matches which equates to 1 goal every 2.77 games.

Not great for a striker but not that bad.

He has done well with Rapid, I only glanced at his stats and he has scored about 25 goals in 60 ganes, so he could be improving.

What was Lafferty's before he joined us or Miller for that matter...? :whistle: :fish:

I might be mistaken, but I remember a striker playing for them against 'them' and thinking, 'if that guy was any good, they would be about 4-0 up by now'. It may have been someone else but there's a definite bell clanging away about a striker who scored a couple but should have had half a dozen.

I might be mistaken, but I remember a striker playing for them against 'them' and thinking, 'if that guy was any good, they would be about 4-0 up by now'. It may have been someone else but there's a definite bell clanging away about a striker who scored a couple but should have had half a dozen.

sounds like ally mcoist!

RANGERS are ready to return with an improved offer for Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic.

The Ibrox club have had a �£1.5million bid for the Croatian hitman rejected.

But SunSport understands negotiations are ongoing, with Gers chief executive Martin Bain hoping to persuade the Austrian club to cash in on Jelavic, who has one year left on his contract.

Vienna sporting director Alfred Hoertnagl said: "Nikica is an incredible striker. He has become a real asset to us. Whoever wants him will have to put down quite a sum."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3071750/Rangers-plan-a-n-improved-offer-for-Rapid-Vienna-striker-Nikica-Jelavic.html#ixzz0uvseUHoJ

Whilst its nice to see us looking at some potential moves Im wondering why we are after a few strikers. Jelavic and the african striker would be needed but I still think midfield / wingers is the first port of call.