Miller signs for Bursaspor - Undisclosed fee

Rangers threatening to derail Miller�s Fiorentina move

13.01.11 | Andrew Slevison

Reports suggest that Kenny Miller�s mooted shift to Fiorentina is being threatened by Rangers.

The 31-year old Scotland striker is on the verge of joining the Viola but the Italian club�s sporting director, Pantaleo Corvino, suggests that the Ibrox outfit are trying to inch more money out of the proposed deal.

"The reason for the delay is that Rangers keep restructuring the price,� he told Italian media.

"We seem now to be moving closer to Valon Behrami at West Ham because Rangers want to raise the offer for Miller."

The transfer fee for Miller is believed to be �£700,000 but Fiorentina claim that Rangers keep upping the ante, threatening a move to the Stadio Artemi Franchi.

Some reports also suggest that Rangers have made it clear that they will sell to nobody but Premiership outfit Birmingham City who are still remaining in the hunt for the prolific golascorer.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/rangers-threatening-derail-miller-s-fiorentina-move-1381351?

He won't even get anywhere near the starting lineup for them, he's just backup.

I doubt he would go just to be a backup player for anyone at this stage of his career and as Fiorentina seem to be struggling for goals they would sign a stiker who has scored 22 so far this season and on a 2 1/2 year contact on �£35k a week and not play him!!

22 goals in the spl means nothing considering how greater Italy is. Fiorentina play Gilardino as a main striker, obviously 10 times the player Miller is, then have players like Ljajic who can play in behind. Don't really see Miller fitting in anywhere there. He always struggle at the higher levels anyway. Both times in the premiership he scored feck all goals and his European record is appalling. The thought of him trying to play in Serie A is hilarious.

Di Canio called it excellently:

"If the plan is to play 4-3-3, I don't know why they are going for him.

"He lacks the tactical discipline needed to survive in the Italian game. People are puzzled. Miller is expected to settle straight into our league which is a competition far removed from where he plays now."

22 goals in the spl means nothing considering how greater Italy is. Fiorentina play Gilardino as a main striker, obviously 10 times the player Miller is, then have players like Ljajic who can play in behind. Don't really see Miller fitting in anywhere there. He always struggle at the higher levels anyway. Both times in the premiership he scored feck all goals and his European record is appalling. The thought of him trying to play in Serie A is hilarious.

Di Canio called it excellently:

If that's the case why are even looking at him them? I don't think even they can afford to buy someone on decent wages mearly for backup (i'm sure they could easily find some italian on much less wages or have younger players there already as backup) and as I said I doubt he would go just to be a backup player at this stage in his career. I don't think he would be suited to Italian football either and although it is far superior it's not the best league in the world either. He has got better with age and we've had him for best goalscoring years.

Defensively and tactically it is still possibly the best and it has improved as a lot in recent years, with the likes of Milan, Roma and Lazio improving massively and playing attacking football.

They're obviously basing his ability on one season