Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Somehow I am suspicious about this "latest" bid. Why would we bid exactly the same as we did before?

On a sidenote, it is really Goodwillie's guts that are in question here. United is desperate for money, while we can surely wait till the end of the transfer window, since we still have options up front and Goodwillie would not feature in the CL qualifiers at hand. We have to wait and see whether United pushes him down to the south now in their own quest for money. If they do, we should snap up Murphy for 800k and be done with it. In an ideal world, I'd take both.

A �£1m offer for Verhoek you say, Frankie? Is that not a bit low even for a starting offer? You don't get Dutch players of the year for less than Lee Wallace. Do you?

well you don't know unless you try! It's like someone is playing FM with the bidding policy we appear to have! Although it is better than paying over the odds for players, just as long as it works out in the end :)

So Arsenal pulled him from a Championship side to send him to Rangers (euro footy I imagine), and now they are wanting to send him BACK to the championship? If they are looking at guys like Cahill are they ever going to use this boy?!

Would welcome Bartley back no questions asked. Did enough to convince me in his initial spell that he adds to the team.

Seems Kyle Bartley could be on his way to Burnley according to @Fourth_Official who has been pretty reliable so far this summer.

I was also reading Burnley have been linked with Weiss, surely we are more attractive than the a middle/lower championship side!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3714381/Burnley-want-Vladimir-Weiss-to-replace-Chris-Eagles-who-is-off-to-Bolton.html

Burnley are not exactly an attractive club, especially for Weiss. I hope for their sake they don't go there, they deserve better would have both of them back if we could manage it.