Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

This must be most depressing transfer window I've ever seen come on to F#*k rangers are you really serious about winning 4iar never mind getting into the CL. Gave Whyte all my support be it's falling away big style we are a laughing stock and you who is laughing the most. Ally on the tv telling us signings coming but nothing happening if by the end of the window we get the we tried hard but we couldn't get them in then he has to go. Along with Smith.

IMHO, we should just sign Jamie Murphy up. Loads of potential and with the service he'll get with us, he can hit the heights of a Goodwillie too. Half the baggage, half the fee. If only ...

IF we are really interested that is ...

Who knows if our interest is real mate?,but I would go and get him as he is a talent with room for development and cheap

This must be most depressing transfer window I've ever seen come on to F#*k rangers are you really serious about winning 4iar never mind getting into the CL. Gave Whyte all my support be it's falling away big style we are a laughing stock and you who is laughing the most. Ally on the tv telling us signings coming but nothing happening if by the end of the window we get the we tried hard but we couldn't get them in then he has to go. Along with Smith.

Come on mate, is Ally the money man, or Smith.

It could be the same whoever the manager, blame Whyte if you want, but give the Manager our support until he has had a proper chance.

Really? What a fickle bunch us Rangers supports must be. Here was me thinking the most depressing transfer windows were when we couldn't sign any players for 18 months and our best players were being sold off. Yes it is slow but as most people have said there will be other players. I'm just happy we aren't selling players and I'm sure the new players will come in. Just needs Patience.

The last three years, for me anyway,has been the most traumatic time I can remember as a Rangers fan,and I mean financially. What WS and the players have achieved over that period is quite incredible,ask the BHEASTS.There were times when I began to think we might go out of business and yet we had a tremendously fruitful period in the clubs history. If we had not been so successful in this period then I can't even begin to imagine where we would be today at the begining of this season going for four in a row. Winning the SPL title three times in a row and securing the financial rewards in doing so has probably just about saved the club,and for that reason I am so grateful to WS,his back room staff and the players.

We now have a new regime in place at Ibrox with a new owner who has admitted he knows nothing about running a football club,but has also admitted he is looking forward to learning how to do it,the fact he is a Rangers fans makes me think he will certainly give it his best shot,as will super Ally,and for these reasons I am willing to be patient and give them all a chance to succeed,and for what it's worth I think they will.

Getting the money we can earn with CL football this season is nowhere near as important than it has been for the last three seasons as far as survival is concerned.

I really do think we as Rangers fans should get right behind the team,manager and CW in these early days of the new regime. Give them time. Aye it's frustrating,but for me not as bad as it was when we were being told by the bank to get rid of our better players knowing we were not allowed to bring in decent replacements.

Patience is a virtue they say.

Edited by ian1964

The last three years, for me anyway,has been the most traumatic time I can remember as a Rangers fan,and I mean financially. ...

Patience is a virtue they say.

I gather you have not been around during the mid-80s then? :) ... Patience is indeed a virtue and neither has the season really started, nor has the transfer window ended. Going by the press circus about Goodwillie, you'd think he's our make-or-break thing this season. Just wait till we've won a few games and the tune will suddenly change, not least by those press hacks who proclaim that Ally has a crisis at hand already. Some people's memory put even a goldfish to shame!

Goodwillie ... I do believe that we want Verhoek more than we want Goodwillie. For we might easily snatch Jamie Murphy up for half his fee.

I gather you have not been around during the mid-80s then? :) ... Patience is indeed a virtue and neither has the season really started, nor has the transfer window ended. Going by the press circus about Goodwillie, you'd think he's our make-or-break thing this season. Just wait till we've won a few games and the tune will suddenly change, not least by those press hacks who proclaim that Ally has a crisis at hand already. Some people's memory put even a goldfish to shame!

Goodwillie ... I do believe that we want Verhoek more than we want Goodwillie. For we might easily snatch Jamie Murphy up for half his fee.

Aye,I was around in the mid 80s',but I was just a daft young eejit and didn't think too seriously about anything far less Rangers:tongue:. So I still say the last three seasons has been the most traumatic for me regarding the clubs survival and we have came through that. Time to build and look forward.

SSN saying we've had another bid turned down for Goodwillie, they want more add ons now I've heard.....

The asking price has risen from �£2m to �£2.8m because that's the offer Dundee United have accepted from Blackburn. It seems like there's a bunch of musicians doing our bidding in the transfer market at present - bid �£1m, bid �£1m again, big �£1.6m Blackburn bid �£1.7m, Blackburn bid �£2.8m. Ah fuck, that's us out of it because we fannied about.

In saying that, I'm not to fussed about losing out on this guy. I think the praise he's been receiving is lightly OTT.