Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

We have also ditched Odonkor as well which is probably for the best in all honesty.

Indeed. 5 years of injury problems suggests he's one who should probably give the game up.

I heard the bid for Zuhasz or whatever his name is is 3M, and the bid for Verhoek 1.7m.

Den Haag is out of Europe and may want to cash in, while Juhasz has stated his desire to come to us after years with the Belgians. Essentially, this may drag on till the end of the transfer window, but one never knows. IMHO, 3m and 1.7m respectively are good enough, neither is a world beater or on a longish contract. Could well be that both teams hope for bids from the EPL though.

I wonder how long it'll take Den Haag and Anderlecht to laugh our recent bids for their players off?

Well 3M is a good offer. We might actually get the guy for that. I'm not thrilled with the 1.7M for Verhoek though. If we get him for that then I stand corrected but I can't see it.

Let's put it this way ... if he was a world beater, wouldn't you expect hordes of English, Italian, and Spanish managers harrassing the Den Haag folk? Not saying he isn't any good, he just hasn't got a name that would would draw the extra million on his head.