Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

if the siging of juhasz happens would you think that would end our interest in Carlos Cuellar ?

personally I'd love to see Carlos back but feel it seems less and less likely the longer it goes on, I know he is injured and unavailable just now but would have been nice to have had some sort of idea on whether or not it was on cards from him.

Juhasz is supposedly a fine, fine defender so that will explain the relatively high cost.

I think he'll prove his worth over the next few years as he'll be an important part of the team's spine.

I've only read, heard and saw good things about him, very good in the air and not to shabby on the deck either, fingers crossed we get him.....

if the siging of juhasz happens would you think that would end our interest in Carlos Cuellar ?

personally I'd love to see Carlos back but feel it seems less and less likely the longer it goes on, I know he is injured and unavailable just now but would have been nice to have had some sort of idea on whether or not it was on cards from him.

If we sign Juhasz, the Cuellar deal will be dead in the water. We'll probably withdraw our offer.

Fact is we'll have Weir, Goian, Bartley and Juhasz. That's enough.

John Viola, the agent of Matt McKay, says they player was impressed with Murray Park after a weekend tour of Rangers facilities. He also said the deal is on track but does not expect it to be completed before 11pm tonight.

There's also a statement on the Brisbane Roar website saying they've recieved a bid for McKay.

It also looks like we're going to be getting him for peanuts. I read a comment from a Roar fan saying it's because of a buy out clause in his contract. Roar fans are generally very unhappy to be losing him, especially for very little money, but most seem to be wishing him well because he is very well-liked.

This could be a cracking piece of business!

I'm still wary of a guy who's never played outside the top quality football nation that is Australia. At his age, if he's really as good as some think, he surely would have played in Europe by now.

If we sign Juhasz, the Cuellar deal will be dead in the water. We'll probably withdraw our offer.

Fact is we'll have Weir, Goian, Bartley and Juhasz. That's enough.

I think they could still do with Cuellar....Bartley's on loan, and Weir will be no longer after this season. Getting Cuellar in now, saves hastle next season.....it would also give fantastic options in the centre of defense.

I'm still wary of a guy who's never played outside the top quality football nation that is Australia. At his age, if he's really as good as some think, he surely would have played in Europe by now.

There's many a good player who have never set foot in Europe far less play in it. He has played in Korea and China also.

From what i've heard he is a late developer and have again only read good things about the guy, as Zappa said could be a cracking bit of business.

Juhasz or Cuellar I'd fancy - not both.

I think I would take Cuellar if that is the case. Half the price and a known quantity - and we KNOW he is quality in the SPL. Only a year of a difference too.