Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Mark Benchpress tweeted that Wilson was open to a return to Rangers on loan

I'm sure I heard on the Radio last night that he was desperate for more game time in order to keep his Scotland place.....something he's not getting too much of @ Liverpool!!!

He's a decent player who has probably improved a little since he left us but I'd rather opt for a younger version than another Premiership has been. Healy and Beattie are enough cart-horses for the time being, thanks.

Can't agree that Lovenkrands is anything like a cart horse. And tbh I would argue Healy isn't one either.

He's also scored just under one in 2 in the EPL, for a rather inconsistent Newcastle side.

Can't see any bad side to taking him back.

Apart from his age, the likely wage, the fee and his inconsistency during his first spell - it's all positive! :D

Healy and Beattie have not improved our team and while I'd agree Lovenkrands is better than both of them (due to his pace more than anything else); I'd rather we spent any available cash on a younger version.