Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

@ GovanAllan ... try to use the Edit Reply option. No need to "reply" thrice to the same post ;-)

Regarding Bedoya. No-one said the Swedes lied. We have had so many conflicting reports, not least during these last few days, that one is bound to suspect that wrong information is being relayed, and probably on purpose. As GA rightly pointed out though, there seems to be a culture of "blaming Rangers first" on the rise, no matter the circumstances at hand. IMHO, this needs to stop ere it grows roots. I have no doubt whatsoever that we try our best (as in BEST) to get new players. Not always with the hoped-for results, but that is football transfers to you. It is not all about Rangers.

Regarding that Feyenoord winger, Ally apparently denied any interest in a Sunday paper (acc. to FF).

Also @Govanallan, not sure what your trying to convey to me but you should know my last post was a bit tongue in cheek. I'm not one of the negative nancies on here....I'm far too old for football tops anyway.

Gers linked with Benalouane

Defender delighted to be linked with Old Firm giants

Cesena defender Yohan Benalouane has welcomed reports linking him with a move to Scottish Premier League giants Rangers.

With the Gers having offloaded Madjid Bougherra, they are known to be in the market for a new centre-half.

Speculation has suggested that Tunisia international Benalouane is among those they have set their sights on.

The 24-year-old admits to being flattered by the rumours and has hinted that he would be prepared to swap life in Italy for that in Scotland.

Honoured

"I am very honoured by the interest from Glasgow Rangers," Benalouane told skysports.com.

"But it is only rumour at the moment and there has been nothing concrete. But it is an honour to be talked about.

"Bougherra was a great player for them and was a great advert for North African players. He is a great leader."

Reports suggest Rangers are planning a €3million (Ã?£2.6m) bid.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7101912,00.html?

Who is the 'mystery' defender is that today's Herald & Evening Times links us with? That rules out Cuellar, Benaloune, Juh�¡sz & Wilson.

Boumsong?

Actually it doesn't rule out any of those you've mentioned just that the journalist doesn't know.

Lars Jacobsen.

It would appear to be him. 31 years old though :(

Skysports.com understands Wigan Athletic and Rangers are keen on former West Ham United defender Lars Jacobsen.

The 31-year-old Dane is a free agent after turning down a new deal at West Ham and could have the option of staying in England or moving to Scotland.