Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Of course, we still have Lafferty, Healy, Beattie, and Hemmings on our books. Don't know what the story is with BEattie, but you wonder why we do not play Healy more often in a 4-4-2 line-up. Then again, there were not that many opportunities to do that just yet.

No word about Rhys Murphy and Lopez so far, I gather?

Nope, nothing on those two.

I'd imagine we'll have to move on Beattie before we can sign another striker.

As ever, I think we'll have to pay close attention come the last day of the window. That's the most likely time we'll do business.

Anyone believing all the talk coming out of Ibrox about signing Wilson and AN Other before the Europa League deadline at 11pm tonight?

Nah, me neither.

Deadline is tomorrow night but I don't believe anything now until I see them in a Ranger shirt. I have lost count of the number of players we have tried to get we must now be on list Z

Maybe, but how many times have you tried to buy something got to about your fourth or fifth choice, and then been really happy with your purchase and glad you didn't buy something else?

I must be as pathetic as Rangers as I tried to buy about 5 carbon road bikes on ebay and looked at dozens more. I kept getting sniped at the last minute. I ended up buying Boardman from Halfords which was last year's model, for not much more than they were going for on ebay, but with a computer and bottle cage worth 90 quid thrown in plus a 10 quid voucher. I'm really pleased with my purchase as I know it's brand new, so won't need any replacement parts for a while, and was able to use some of the money I saved to upgrade the wheels, tyres, seat and peddles and now have a really good bike which weighs about 7.5 kilos including the peddles for less than I was bidding on ebay (and I have a decent spare set of wheels). It might be my Z chioice but I'm pretty happy with it overall.

This happens to me all the time, including houses, cars, motorbikes, TV's - and my girlfriend.

Sometimes your Z choice is a pretty good choice.

And that's the point. Who cares how many choices we try as long as the guys we get in are a success?

Edited by calscot

I must be as pathetic as Rangers as I tried to buy about 5 carbon road bikes on ebay and looked at dozens more. I kept getting sniped at the last minute. I ended up buying Boardman from Halfords which was last year's model, for not much more than they were going for on ebay, but with a computer and bottle cage worth 90 quid thrown in plus a 10 quid voucher. I'm really pleased with my purchase as I know it's brand new, so won't need any replacement parts for a while, and was able to use some of the money I saved to upgrade the wheels, tyres, seat and peddles and now have a really good bike which weighs about 7.5 kilos including the peddles for less than I was bidding on ebay (and I have a decent spare set of wheels). It might be my Z chioice but I'm pretty happy with it overall.

This happens to me all the time, including houses, cars, motorbikes, TV's - and my girlfriend.

Sometimes your Z choice is a pretty good choice.

I like the use of Ebay here. Who would go into an auction and make their second bid smaller than their first? That's what Rangers have done with Bedoya and for some unknown reason some seem to support this ludicrous action.

I like the use of Ebay here. Who would go into an auction and make their second bid smaller than their first? That's what Rangers have done with Bedoya and for some unknown reason some seem to support this ludicrous action.

Still on about that? I slightly agreed with what you say but I also agree contract is running down and he will become our player as permit has been granted so a reduction is probably correct but I wouldn't really up the offer.

Maybe, but how many times have you tried to buy something got to about your fourth or fifth choice, and then been really happy with your purchase and glad you didn't buy something else?

You're really comparing shopping to buying a football player? Seriously?

Or, to use the ebay analogy a different way....

The seller wants to recoup some of their cash from the sale but has agreed that at the end of the auction they will "sell" for free. The auction close date is nearing. The closer you get to that auction close date the closer the seller is to realising ZERO from the sale. So then why is it that the seller would expect the "fee" to go UP as you near that auction close date.

Not as ludicrous as some may think, it would appear.