Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I thought this was a transfer thread not an fn transfer same story over and fn over thread. At least try and keep to topic and stop having petty squabbles with one another

In fairness, we're getting the same story over and over because the club are pissing about with the transfers and making 3 and 4 offers for most of the players we've targetted, but you're right about trying to keep the thread on topic. smash.gif

The club might be going round in circles, but it doesn't mean we need to go round in circles here. Ehm, or do we.... :confused:

In fairness, we're getting the same story over and over because the club are pissing about with the transfers and making 3 and 4 offers for most of the players we've targetted, but you're right about trying to keep the thread on topic. smash.gif

The club might be going round in circles, but it doesn't mean we need to go round in circles here. Ehm, or do we.... :confused:

We seem to be going round in circles but thats probably to do with the fact there is much happening even before a certain European deadline :(.

He was on international duty for a whole month and featured in 6 games for the USA squad in June including playing in a quarter final, semi final and final of the Gold Cup, so yes, the international duty has taken him considerably out of the action at club level this season. Anyway, I don't know where you got the 11 games figure from (wiki?), but it seems that ESPN soccernet have stats for him having played in 13 of Orebro's league games, not 11. Not too bad for someone away on international duty for a whole month. He's scored 4 goals in 13 league games for Orebro where he's played a full 90 mins in every game. Not too shabby for a midfielder. Also, despite all the speculation and media shite, they played him for 90 mins in an away win at the weekend.

Aye, was wiki for his appearances - got the Swedish season stats from soccernet though.

I'm not arguing on all of your other points Craig because I stick by my viewpoint and don't feel the need to argue my case like you do. You've got your opinion while I've got a different one. :thup:

....Because.... you know I am right :thup: S'ok Zaps, I am not often wrong, seems I am right again :flipa:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/134066/alejandro-bedoya?cc=5739

RANGERS fear St Etienne are trying to price them out a deal for USA skipper Carlos Bocanegra.

SunSport revealed exclusively yesterday that Gers have targeted the World Cup stopper.

Ibrox gaffer Ally McCoist hopes to sign him in time for tomorrow's crucial Europa League first-leg clash with NK Maribor in Slovenia.

But now the French outfit are trying to push up the fee for the 32-year-old.

St Etienne coach Christophe Galtier knows his 93-times capped star would fit the bill for Gers and wants a considerable hike on the �£400,000 they paid Rennes last summer to land him.

Galtier insisted: "Rangers may want Carlos but we don't want to sell him.

"He's under contract to us so we decide whether or not to sell. I don't want to sell him. He's an important member of my team, I want him to stay that way."

Gers had hoped that the return of Yohan Benalouane to St Etienne would pave the way for Bocanegra's move. Benalouane was expected to return to France by default as debt-ridden Cesena had failed to pay the �£1.5million fee they agreed in January.

That deal has yet to go through and St Etienne are reluctant to allow their most experienced defender to leave.

Ibrox deal-broker Andrew Dickson got the ball rolling with informal talks but yesterday the goalposts moved.

Gers have still not ruled out a last-minute agreement ahead of tonight's 11pm Euro transfer deadline and the player could even jet straight to Slovenia.

Meanwhile, Ibrox skipper Davie Weir won't be fit for Maribor but he could return to face Motherwell on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3756910/Gers-sweat-over-bid-for-Bocanegra.html#ixzz1VFI0r6AS

Two weeks to go until the end of the transfer window then. I wonder if any key RFC employees have decided to go on holiday at this point?
It's not 2 weeks Frankie it's actually tonight. The Euro deadline is much more important IMO. There's no Weir and Bartley now so who partners Goian? We should be able to handle the SPL with the squad we've got.

And here was me thinking Benalouane was a Cesena player. So essentially we are after one of two St. Etienne players, if not both. Since we got all the money still in the coffers, we should offer them 1m for one of them and they take their pick :-)

Guest Dutchy

Transfer rumours are exactly that, rumours and I'm happier when we've actually signed a player rather than speculate on whether he's coming or not. It's even harder with our present policy on signing. Thankfully I'm off for a few days break and will miss all the rumours, but I'm sure I'll have my radio with me, just in case.