Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Contradictory dear chum. You made a big deal of the work permit but here you're rightly pointing out he's a precontract who's coming regardless.

But to answer your question, you can't in football - I was subtely hinting that your attempt at an Ebay analogy was rubbish :P

The ebay analogy was used as you don't seem to grasp the concept of the lower bid, and so sometimes a more familiar setting can help people understand. Unfortunately it IS rubbish as you still can't understand the concept.

The thing is, you may disagree ,and that's fine, but at the moment, it just comes across like you don't understand...

Contradictory dear chum. You made a big deal of the work permit but here you're rightly pointing out he's a precontract who's coming regardless.

Your right, he is coming regardless. So explain to me how that means we should offer MORE again ?? That's right, it makes little logical sense. Especially that glimmer of hope for Orebro (permit being rejected) being removed.

But to answer your question, you can't in football - I was subtely hinting that your attempt at an Ebay analogy was rubbish :P

Aye my analogies usually are shite, wont argue there :thup:

I've never heard such rubbish in all my life as some of the stuff I'm reading here.

If it was the other way round and a club was doing this to us and coming back in with a lower offer a couple of weeks later, we'd all be in agreement that Rangers should tell them to GTF!!! We'd be saying the bidding club are chancing bastards and the only way we'd think differently was if the player was utter crap and we wanted rid of him ASAP, but Bedoya is one of their best players.

At the end of the day the club either want the player in now or they don't and wait till January. Personally, I think it looks amateurish and embarrassing that someone at Rangers deems it sensible to put in a lower bid than our previous one. If this is Ali Russell's call then I'd like to ask him what he's playing at because very very few clubs would sell one of their best players to us for less money than we offered 2 weeks ago. This sort of nonsense is turning us into a laughing stock.

they should have sold him to us when they had the chance they must have known he wanted a move. Did they think he wouldn't get a permit that's just stupid think Rangers are doing the exact thing I would offered them my money a good price for someone with 3 months left on his contract they said no he presigns a deal put a lower bid in as a way of flicking the v's at them stupid pricks.

I've never heard such rubbish in all my life as some of the stuff I'm reading here.

If it was the other way round and a club was doing this to us and coming back in with a lower offer a couple of weeks later, we'd all be in agreement that Rangers should tell them to GTF!!! We'd be saying the bidding club are chancing bastards and the only way we'd think differently was if the player was utter crap and we wanted rid of him ASAP, but Bedoya is one of their best players.

At the end of the day the club either want the player in now or they don't and wait till January. Personally, I think it looks amateurish and embarrassing that someone at Rangers deems it sensible to put in a lower bid than our previous one. If this is Ali Russell's call then I'd like to ask him what he's playing at because very very few clubs would sell one of their best players to us for less money than we offered 2 weeks ago. This sort of nonsense is turning us into a laughing stock.

How much of Orebro have you watched to determine Bedoya is one of their best players ? Serious question. Not saying he isnt but he has only played in 11 of their 21 league games this season. Has he been injured ? Is the Gold Cup a reason ? Or is there another reason why one of their best players has only played half their league games ? As I say, serious question.

I dont see anyone actually saying that Orebro shouldnt be telling us to GTF - just that we see validity in offering less. It may not make sense to you, but it seems that it is only considered "rubbish" by those who simply cant see sense - hey, if you can cast aspersions at others then why shouldnt the rest of us :fish: :flipa:

He is leaving for free, we offered 400k for the guy 2 or 3 weeks ago.... lets not forget that during that period he will also have PLAYED in a couple of games. When we offered 400k it was to buy the player AT THAT TIME. Given he has played subsequent games for Orebro it stands to reason that they have been getting value out of him, right ? So if they had 10 games left of their season and we offered 400k to get him there and then.... and he subsequently plays 5 games.... logically (yes, you can apply logic here Zappa....) is he STILL worth 400k ? Personally I dont think he is, for a number of reasons. 1 being that he has played in subsequent games for Orebro that he wouldnt have had he signed for Rangers at the 400k level and another being that he has also not been available to Rangers in those games that Rangers played in after that offer was made.

Why is it amateurish ? The offer was made for the player at that point in time. His contract gets ever nearer to expiring and his value to Orebro should be diminishing, not appreciating, given that their season edges closer to completion too. Plus the games that he has played since the last offer would also suggest his value has diminished. Plus, just how valuable is this guy when he has only played half of their league games ?

Assuming that we made that initial offer sometime between Aug 1-7 (I think that would be a reasonable assumption, would it not ???) then at that time Orebro had 11 league games left (so if the 400k offer is true we were offering 36k per league game he missed between us signing him and the end of the Swedish season). The Swedish season now only has 9 games left.... so do you STILL think his value has increased ?

Given his 50% appearances in the league this season I would say that offering, say, 300k for a guy who potentially will only play 3 more games before leaving on a Bosman is decent business, especially as Orebro are sitting in mid-table mediocrity right now. They have a chance of making Europe but it looks unlikely with teams ahead of them having games in hand whilst teams below them (but close on points) also have games in hand.

See, it might seem "rubbish" to you, but it actually makes logical sense to me, that we dont offer as much as before. And to suggest it is simply "rubbish" because it is contrarian to your own viewpoint is a touch OTT.

Whilst you personally think it looks amateurish and embarrassing, the powers that be dont. And they are the ones that matter, not you and not I. And they are the ones being charged with looking after the club's financial state.

There are ways of justifying both sides of this particular debate, but suggesting one side is talking rubbish just because it doesnt agree with your own thoughts is churlish.

How is it turning us into a laughing stock ? This is business and this is football. These things happen. And they will again. And not just with us either.

We can be a laughing stock but at the end of the day all of this will be forgotten should we win 4IAR. And we may have saved some cash along the way....

they should have sold him to us when they had the chance they must have known he wanted a move. Did they think he wouldn't get a permit that's just stupid think Rangers are doing the exact thing I would offered them my money a good price for someone with 3 months left on his contract they said no he presigns a deal put a lower bid in as a way of flicking the v's at them stupid pricks.

Now come on Allan, that is just rubbish ;)

How much of Orebro have you watched to determine Bedoya is one of their best players ? Serious question. Not saying he isnt but he has only played in 11 of their 21 league games this season. Has he been injured ? Is the Gold Cup a reason ? Or is there another reason why one of their best players has only played half their league games ?

He was on international duty for a whole month and featured in 6 games for the USA squad in June including playing in a quarter final, semi final and final of the Gold Cup, so yes, the international duty has taken him considerably out of the action at club level this season. Anyway, I don't know where you got the 11 games figure from (wiki?), but it seems that ESPN soccernet have stats for him having played in 13 of Orebro's league games, not 11. Not too bad for someone away on international duty for a whole month. He's scored 4 goals in 13 league games for Orebro where he's played a full 90 mins in every game. Not too shabby for a midfielder. Also, despite all the speculation and media shite, they played him for 90 mins in an away win at the weekend.

I'm not arguing on all of your other points Craig because I stick by my viewpoint and don't feel the need to argue my case like you do. You've got your opinion while I've got a different one. :thup:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/134066/alejandro-bedoya?cc=5739

Edited by Zappa

I srtick by my original point we offered �£400,000 when they had 10 games left why should we pay more when the now have 8 games left , remember their league is out of synch with ours