Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

There's weak rumour on FF that we might be interested in Adam le Fondre of Rotherham United (24 years, 53 goals in 95 games for them since 2009). The chap was mentioned on FF a few times, now some twitter-in-the-know chap claims we have contacted his agent. Well, well ...

There's weak rumour on FF that we might be interested in Adam le Fondre of Rotherham United (24 years, 53 goals in 95 games for them since 2009). The chap was mentioned on FF a few times, now some twitter-in-the-know chap claims we have contacted his agent. Well, well ...

Would be well chuffed if we signed this guy. Young and knows where the goal is.

Rotherham United? What next, Bugglesworth Rovers? We're targetting League 2 players now?

Danny is our positive poster on here, right?:sneaky:

I know nothing of this guy, but the Hooped Horrors signed Hooper from a lower league team and he hit quite a few in the SPL, we signed a few people from low key teams and they became successes in the SPL too. That said, everyone signs a dud now and then, as we all know. I for one would give Hemmings a chance, but that's just me. But as I said, this is just a weak rumour so far.

Scunthorpe had only been in the Championship league for one season when Celtic singed Hooper. In the 08/09 season Hooper played for them in League 1 and the season before that, he played for Southend in League 1 and was out on loan to Hereford in League 2.

FWIW, Adam le Fondre won't be in League 2 come the end of this transfer window, that's for sure! He was a bit unlucky in a sense because he signed for a league 1 club as a 15 or 16 yr old and they got relegated a season or 2 later. Anyway, the guy is a proven goalscorer and there's a lot of clubs down south interested in him.

Like der Berliner, I want to see Hemmings given a chance, but I'd definitely be pretty happy if we signed Adam le Fondre if the fee wasn't too high because he's a very experienced player for his age. How many 24 yr old strikers have 290 appearances as a professional footballer and have scored 120 goals???

Forgot to say that even although he's now into the last year of his contract, we maybe can't afford le Fondre anyway because he's probably worth a fair bit of money to a Championship club looking for a good striker.