Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

What's the story with Beattie??? I must have missed it.

The usual, injured.

We do need 2 strikers imo, especially when 2 of the 3 strikers aren't really favoured (Healy and Beattie, if fit) and Hemmings too inexperienced but now injured for months so we need to be fast otherwise teams wont sell to us because they don't have enough time to replace their player. I actually fear it will be loans from omitted EPL 25 man squads and not sure if they add anything unless they come from Man City or the likes and City etc pay most of the wages. Plus No I would avoid Diouf, the Diouf from Man Utd might be interesting.

There will undoubtedly be some cracking players being offloaded in the EPL due to the 25 man squad thing. Problem is that teams like Milan, Madrid and other big name European teams etc will also still be sniffinf round them, which means we wont get the cream of those excess players.

Still, some of those "squad" players could still do a job for us.

I don't feel we benefited hugely last season from the EPL 25 man squads. We got Weiss (can't think of anyone else) and although the wee man endeared himself to the support he wasn't exactly a top performer and was often left out of the big games.

I really don't see us landing any big fish from the EPL and anyone we do get will be a fringe player who wont break into our starting 11.

Re Beattie ... when he's fit, he hardly makes the bench, Healy's ahead of him it seems, and Hemmings is/was the u21 option. We gave Healy an extension to his contract, but hardly play him either. To me, the best thing for Rangers and Beattie is if he moves on - hence I assume he's bound to go (thus, just MHO). There sure is a Championship or Division One team that needs an experienced striker such as him. It would have been interesting to see a Healy and Beattie partnership up front, but Rangers can hardly afford such a trials & tribulations line-up. We - as we all know - want success and thus we will play our best line-up as often and as consistently as possible.

IMHO, I wouldn't be surprised if we loan some young chap like Lopez (where's he gone, BTW?) or sign up Rhys Murphy (20), for they could fill the u21 bench places and add some good quality too - no disrespect to our folk here.

Manchester City winger Vladimir Weiss has confirmed that he will not be joining Dynamo Kiev.

The Slovakia international was being tipped to join Kiev, but he insists the clubs have not agreed anything.

Weiss recently revealed Wigan and Spanish sides were tracking him and he now says a better offer has come in.

However, the 21-year-old is staying quiet on his possible destination stating the move is preferred due to the "football" aspect.

"It's definite - I'm not going to Dynamo Kiev as this option has come to nothing," he told denniksport.sk.

"We've not reached an agreement and, moreover, I've received a better offer from a different club.

"This is an excellent option to go out on loan elsewhere so I'll be trying to leave Manchester City.

"If this alternative, however, falls through, I don't know what I'll do. I firmly believe all will turn out for the good.

"I cannot reveal the name or the country of the team even though it is possible that you will learn it soon.

"I can reveal is it's a better option than Dynamo from the football aspect while it is exactly the opposite financially.

"At my age I'm mostly looking for a club that suits me in terms of football. I would be very satisfied in the club which is currently trying to sign me, otherwise I wouldn't have turned down the Dynamo offer."

I am probably reading more into this than is the case.... but if it were England he could at least name the country due to the number of clubs that could sign him. Scotland, however, there are only really TWO clubs that could sign him.... and I highly doubt he would sign for the green half of Glasgow.

Probably just wishful thinking though....

If Weiss signed for Celtic I think I might be physically sick. I'm getting pictures of projectile vomit.

I don't think he would be welcomed and don't think he would be stupid enough to do that.

I thought Wigan were after him now?

The co-commentator at the game tonight (Andrew Dickson Rangers Media) said that we are still actively looking at attacking players with up to two being targetted. Obviously, the quality of these targets and their willingness to come might have hinged on our involvement in Europe.

The co-commentator at the game tonight (Andrew Dickson Rangers Media) said that we are still actively looking at attacking players with up to two being targetted. Obviously, the quality of these targets and their willingness to come might have hinged on our involvement in Europe.

Did he say that at full time?

I don't understand the "apparent" lack of urgency at getting players in. We've had plenty time to assess players, make contact with the club, find out how much they want and make an offer. I guess it all comes down to maybe getting them for less the closer we are to the window closing but that is a poor excuse. We've suffered in Europe already this season through not making the necessary signings in time.

Nope, he said that before the game. AFAIK we did try and bring players in from the day the season stopped. Yet, as people like to forget, wanting players is just the first step. I for one am absolutely delighted that we have acquired Bedoya, McKay and Bocanegra, as they had no second thoughts and joined up in no-time - no questions asked. Same with Goian and Wallace. That tells me: those chaps want to play for Rangers. What we now have to do is start building a settled and well trained squad over the course of the season, so that we can challenge for CL points next time with more than a transition team.

BTW ... I for one wouldn't be surprised if a ManU or someone happens by with a 8m bid for Jelavic these next few days.