Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

And apparently Celtic have spent 4 mill on a striker.... not that it has anything to do with us, but we COULD be doing with striking help.

Not even for the event that Jelavic gets injured.... as a kick up the arse that he isnt guaranteed a game - because he has been poor so far this season. We need options for when others arent firing on all cylinders.

Remember January, when we had no money at all and still came up with 3 loanies on the last day. We'll have to wait and see, of course. I do expect some movement, one way or another. Maybe that link to Chelsea will bear some fruits.

I know many dont like the idea of loan players but a 6 month loan would not be a bad idea to fill out the squad.

If Ally no longer has money available to him to buy a striker/forward or two, I'd say that bringing one or two in on loan till at least January is a must.

STV reporting we've rejected a �£6.5m bid from Leicester City for Jelavic.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/268280-rangers-reject-leicester-bid-for-nikica-jelavic/

Leicester City ffs, would like to think he has bigger ambitions than that if we ever did accept. Bit late in the day for us surely to sell him.

�£7.5m is actually a reasonable bid but not enough. It would be a disaster if we sold him and didn't have enough time to replace him, not that I want him to go even if he has had a slow start to the season. Naismith, Lafferty, Healy, Beattie and Fleck the options even with Jelavic it isn't a great set of attacking options. Beattie and Healy well they don't get used, Fleck wouldn't be used much. Hemmings injured doubt he would get much game time anyway.

Btw Russian clubs seem to be bidding for SPL based players.