Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Do Rangers think the fans will accept Murphy as a replacement for Jelavic? We're taken for mugs far to often.

I doubt the club would think that Gav. More likely they are hoping that Murphy is in addition to Jelavic, not as a repalacement.

The timing stinks, but the club cant help that. What they can do though is reject any and all offers for Jelavic.

I doubt the club would think that Gav. More likely they are hoping that Murphy is in addition to Jelavic, not as a repalacement.

The timing stinks, but the club cant help that. What they can do though is reject any and all offers for Jelavic.

they'll have to Craig if they don't want a fans revolt on their hands!

IMHO, no-one will leave before x-mas. We are all very edgy and thus our view is somewhat tainted. But we are not in any financial doldrum these days. Nonetheless, no matter what, if silly money is being offered, the club will consider it. Essentially the same with Arsenal and Fabregas. The Gunners needed Fabregas and badly, while being financially sound (I think?). Getting far over the odds for their star man made more than sense on a financial point though.

IMHO, no-one will leave before x-mas. We are all very edgy and thus our view is somewhat tainted. But we are not in any financial doldrum these days. Nonetheless, no matter what, if silly money is being offered, the club will consider it. Essentially the same with Arsenal and Fabregas. The Gunners needed Fabregas and badly, while being financially sound (I think?). Getting far over the odds for their star man made more than sense on a financial point though.

I would've used another player than Fabregas to compare the Jelavic situation to. Fabregas never kicked a ball for Arsenal for roughly a season and a half and it was well known throughout the footballing world that he wanted to move to Barcelona. Jelavic has kept his mouth shut other than state he would be interested in joining Man Utd, who, as yet, haven't bid for him.

I would've used another player than Fabregas to compare the Jelavic situation to. Fabregas never kicked a ball for Arsenal for roughly a season and a half and it was well known throughout the footballing world that he wanted to move to Barcelona. Jelavic has kept his mouth shut other than state he would be interested in joining Man Utd, who, as yet, haven't bid for him.

The comparrison was solely about money. Arsenal sure did not want to lose their star man, for that's what he is, as he will be one of Barca's.

On a sidenote, some Rangers supporters and press hacks alike will like the fact that Rhys Murphy did play for England's youth team and declared himself for the ROI later on. For the latter, he is playing an u21 international this very evening. (And IMHO, the Irish international teams aren't that bad.)

Look what we've found here:

GersnetOnline Frankie

For those asking, rumour is Davies may be installed as manager with a former club captain as his assistant. Really don't see it myself.

Where does this rumour come from, Frankie?

Surely that is guff. Mccoist has barely been in the hotseat 5 minutes FFS.

I would hate for him to not be given a chance. We are top of the table, he has brought in players that he wants (may not be 1st choice but they ARE his signings) and the season has barely started.

Knee-jerk reactions on managers is for the Tims, not us.

McCoist hasnt been given the chance to prove, or disprove, himself yet.

We may not have been playing fantastic stuff but I would hope that we arent going to sack the manager so quickly into his tenure. That would be crazy IMO. Is it a Timmy rumour ? Or does someone have inside info ?