Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Got to say I'm getting worried now. If we get offered �£8m or more for Jelavic I think the club will sell.

Yeah this is a major concern espescially if we dont have a replaced lined up and I don't mean a �£1 Million pound Gekas :(

I think there will be more bids for him, and I think he'll be off. He'll double his wages too, remember.

Our problem would be getting in a couple of strikers at this stage and a semi decent creative midfielder.

What's the deadline for loan deals? Is it still tomorrow night?

Surely we won't sell without bringing other ayers in?

Tomorrow is going to nervy.

Lafferty is not 100% fit just now and Naismith is toiling! We failed big time to get into Europe and you can bet your life on it that should a team come in with the right offer then our star players will be off! what the fuck is going on!

here's his replacement then

Skysports.com understands Rangers are to push ahead with a move for Arsenal starlet Rhys Murphy following an impressive trial.

The 20-year-old striker linked up with the Glasgow giants at the start of August in the hope of earning a permanent stay.

He has already spent time on trial at Middlesbrough since the 2010/11 campaign came to a close and is keen to put down roots.

Murphy is a product of the renowned Academy system at Emirates Stadium, having been on their books since 2004.

He has caught the eye in the Gunners' youth teams and gained senior experience during a loan spell at Brentford in 2009.

It is understood that Rangers are now preparing to offer him an opportunity to shine in the Scottish Premier League, with Ally McCoist keen to bring the youngster on board.

Guest Dutchy

I'm thinking he may be on his way also. I would have said it won't be with Leicster though, as he'd have very little chance of getting european football, but I've decided that that is not a very convincing arguement.

Wasn't listening myself, but apparently Radio Clyde have just been reporting that tomorrow will see Weir, Beattie and others leaving.... Pinch of salt??

Weir wants to continue playing though, right ? How would he pass a medical just now with being injured ?

I would be VERY disappointed if Weir left without a "last hurrah" for us - the big man has been an absolute revelation and a ROCK for us since signing. Most definitely what we would consider "Rangers class" as a person, and also as a player too.

Just a shame we didnt get him 10 years earlier.

Beattie.... mehhhh, he can leave and I wish he had left earlier - has done absolutely nothing for us, looks even slower than me, and that is saying a LOT.

Weir wants to continue playing though, right ? How would he pass a medical just now with being injured ?

I would be VERY disappointed if Weir left without a "last hurrah" for us - the big man has been an absolute revelation and a ROCK for us since signing. Most definitely what we would consider "Rangers class" as a person, and also as a player too.

Just a shame we didnt get him 10 years earlier.

Beattie.... mehhhh, he can leave and I wish he had left earlier - has done absolutely nothing for us, looks even slower than me, and that is saying a LOT.

Releasing a player from their contract means they are free to join any club once fit. See Andy Webster going to Hearts. Maybe this injury might cause future problems or might be recurring but the amount of defenders we have now means is competition and unsure if Weir would get a place plus so reasonable performances from Perry means it will be hard for him. I would like Weir to have a last Hurrah with us and although I wasn't convinced he should have stayed on he deserves to say goodbye and such but it would have been nice if it was at the end of the season.

Also offloading players at this time seems poor timing and giving Weir a contract what was the point?

Edited by metlika