Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Thus far only a rumour. As usual, we'll have to wait at least 24h or a statement from the club ere we have a clearer picture.

As for attracting players ... we have this through. If people think that Bedoya, Bocanegra, Goian, Ortiz or Wallace are not decent players, so be it. Subjective opinion. As for the attractivity of Rangers, some would jump at the chance (e.g. Juhasz) but are priced out by their clubs or wage demands et al. Others are simply not interested in coming to this country or the club - for a vast variety of reasons. That is the current state of affairs in Scotland and at Rangers right now. The sooner people accept it the better. We should start to shed the mantle we acquired during NIAR or the Advocaat money spending years and return to the reality of now. A reality that is far from being just decent.

Thus far only a rumour. As usual, we'll have to wait at least 24h or a statement from the club ere we have a clearer picture.

As for attracting players ... we have this through. If people think that Bedoya, Bocanegra, Goian, Ortiz or Wallace are not decent players, so be it. Subjective opinion. As for the attractivity of Rangers, some would jump at the chance (e.g. Juhasz) but are priced out by their clubs or wage demands et al. Others are simply not interested in coming to this country or the club - for a vast variety of reasons. That is the current state of affairs in Scotland and at Rangers right now. The sooner people accept it the better. We should start to shed the mantle we acquired during NIAR or the Advocaat money spending years and return to the reality of now. A reality that is far from being just decent.

And you call ME negative :P

From STV

Rangers are reportedly weighing up a move for Greek international Theofanis Gekas.

The Eintracht Frankfurt striker seems set to leave his club before the transfer window closes on August 31 and Rangers have been looking into the possibility of taking the player to Ibrox.

German newspaper Bild has claimed that Rangers have a strong interest in the player but that have yet to make a firm bid, though they are likely to make their move in the next few days.

Gekas, a proven goalscorer at club and international level, joined Eintracht at the beginning of last season but, despite the player scoring 16 goals in 34 appearances, the team were relegated to 2. Bundesliga.

Eintracht’s start to their promotion campaign has seen them stutter at home, drawing three games and though they have won their three away fixtures, Gekas has only scored once, from the penalty spot.

In their most recent match, against Paderborn, the striker was substituted after 84 minutes and refused to shake the hand of coach Armin Veh as he left the field, fuelling speculation that he his time at the club is over.

Gekas has 12 months left on his current contract and could be available for significantly less than the �£1 million Eintracht paid Bayer Leverkusen for his services last summer.

For you are. I'm would call me down to earth realistic, you know.

I'd argue I'm the same. Realistic. Though as of yet I've not once called for the manager's head. In fact I've given the guy more support than some on here have. But I'm going to ruin that totally with my next thread, with something bursting with positivity that I know you'll love.

Gekas is a good wee striker, but at 31 I think he's too old to be worth investing in while we still have Beattie and Healy on the books. I think we'd be better investing in someone much younger who we can sign on a 4 or 5 year deal. On saying that, if the choice was Gekas or nobody before the window slams shut, I'd definitely take him.

Guest Dutchy

This Greek striker has scored goals in the past and has had only one strike so far, mainly it seems because he's become unhappy especially as they've dropped to the 2nd tier in german football. If we were to get him for under a million, I'd agree he'd be better than nothing, but his age is a concern.

Aslo, there's no information on whether he's interested in coming and what wages he's expect, which is fairly important if he's going to spend his time on the bench. Hopefully, more information will become available in the next couple of days, but I'd give him a chance. He'd obviously want to out do samerarse, so he may surprise us.

Anyone got any sort of info on Rhys Murphy then? Young, freebie, Arsenal-trained, I'd reckon good enough for the SPL ...

You'd think because he was a feeebie, if we were really interested in him we'd have signed him by now. No transfer fee to negotiate, just a signing on fee and a wage.

No news is good news? I've never liked that phrase.