Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I alluded to the same 7M on the table in a previous post. If he's trying not to spend money, he's playing a dangerous game...What happens if the offers are all accepted? Do we "fix" the medicals, so they don't sign?

It's a bit like a mate telling you that you are a tight b****** for not buying your round when you're up at the bar with your money out. A mate like that is either being tongue in cheek or a bit of an arse...

I saw the Wilson interview after the Scotland game on Sky Sports. He said he would be open to a return to Rangers if it meant him getting more game time.

I would take wilson back in a minute and am surprised we havent been in asking after him.

I saw the Wilson interview after the Scotland game on Sky Sports. He said he would be open to a return to Rangers if it meant him getting more game time.

The SSN report has him quoted as saying the above but ALSO saying that there has been no offer or contact so it is difficult for him to comment. ALMOST makes it a non-report, sadly.

Wilson alongside Cuellar or even Goian would do just nicely.

RANGERS are weighing up a move for Newcastle United striker Peter Lovenkrands.

Lovenkrands spent six successful years at Ibrox earlier in his career.

And the Gazette undertstands the Scottish Premier League club are interested in taking him back north of the border.

Lovenkrands – who has a year left on his St James’s Park contract – knows his opportunities are likely to be limited this season.

The versatile 31-year-old enjoyed a run in Alan Pardew’s side in the secnod half of last season after the sale of Andy Carroll, scoring six goals.

However, with Pardew desperate to add another striker to his squad before the end of the month, Lovenkrands is likely to start the new campaign on the bench, though he is part of his plans.

And Pardew would be reluctant to lose striking cover should his Ibrox counterpart Ally McCoist firm up his interest in Lovenkrands.

Speaking to the Gazette while on tour with United in the US last month, Lovenkrands conceded he faces stiffer competition this season.

“I just hope to get as much playing time as possible,” he said. “But there are a lot of new faces, so it’s going to be harder to get playing time.”

Rangers would offer Lovenkrands – whose wife is from Glasgow – regular first-team football.

Lovenkrands remains popular on the Ibrox terraces, and the former Denmark international was given a standing ovation after last season’s pre-season friendly between the two clubs.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/black-white/rangers_look_to_old_boy_lovenkrands_1_3669661

Well, I read the bit of news in the local press and it says McCoist "might be interested". My initial response was, McCoist also might be interested in Fabregas, or Nasri, Rooney and Nani. We already have two 30+ strikers on our books, both I deem to be more lethal in front of goal than L�¶venkrands.

ANyways, we'll have Lopez and Rhys Murphy on trial over the weekend, maybe something comes out of that.

Wilson I think would be a good one if you can get over the way he left at first time of asking quicker than snow of a dyke in spring. Would let you push Bartley forward where I think he is a much better player. And get shot of Edu

Wilson I think would be a good one if you can get over the way he left at first time of asking quicker than snow of a dyke in spring. Would let you push Bartley forward where I think he is a much better player. And get shot of Edu
I have no problem with Wilson coming back as I can see that Liverpool was a huge magnate for him. I think it would have been better for his career if he had stayed but I suppose his earnings are far higher than he would have had at Rangers. He probably would now have had a year of first team experience if he would have stayed with us though instead of bench sitting in Liverpool.