Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Going out on a limb here tin hat on but if we got lovenkrands McKay signed bedoya on the way sure to get a CB in then Ally's done not to bad in the transfer dept. Didn't get his first picks but we wouldn't pay over the odds.

Apart from his age, the likely wage, the fee and his inconsistency during his first spell - it's all positive! :D

Be fair Frankie, you know his 'inconsistency' was due to him being wasted out on the left. When he played as a striker he was the country's top scorer. That was during the time, iirc, he scored against Villarreal.

Healy and Beattie have not improved our team and while I'd agree Lovenkrands is better than both of them (due to his pace more than anything else); I'd rather we spent any available cash on a younger version.

I agree on Beattie, but I can't see how you ever thought Healy would improve the team. He was always about squad depth - and for the purpose he's been a good investment.

Going out on a limb here tin hat on but if we got lovenkrands McKay signed bedoya on the way sure to get a CB in then Ally's done not to bad in the transfer dept. Didn't get his first picks but we wouldn't pay over the odds.

I'm frustrated about Bedoya.

Still 3 weeks to go but I'd say he'll be rather frustrated not to have gotten any of his first picks.

Still 3 weeks to go but I'd say he'll be rather frustrated not to have gotten any of his first picks.

Same here but nothing he can do if the guy with the money says too much or the SPL doesn't excite the player move on and get someone who wants to play for us. Am sure he is surprised we don't have the same pulling power we used to have.

IMHO, Wallace is a first pick. As you can see from down south, the market starts to revolve more rapidly these days.

As for Bedoya ... we've got Ortiz for that flank, so why the bother? Ortiz and Bedoya would be a fine right hand side IMHO, if we play Ortiz there, that is. I for one wouldn't be disappointed if we do not play over the odds for Bedoya, especially if you see what Orebr�¶ want.

L�¶venkrands ... local rumour that grows arms and legs. It's as good as the wishes you find on e.g. FF. I start to worry or jump in joy if someone gets through the Murray Park gates ...

We have signed Wallace 1.5m Goian 750k Ortiz 500k comes to 2.750m

We have sold Bougherra 1.7m got best part of 1m from Charlie Adam fee comes to 2.7m

We havn't touched the 5m Whyte was promising Ally if it does exist we are getting McKay subject to WP for 320k Bedoya will come in on a free in Jan. we were in for Davidson bids up to 400k

We will see what happens till the transfer window closes to see if Whyte backs Ally.

... yet we've had essentially at the same time up to 3m set aside for Juhasz, 2m for Cuellar, 2m+ for Goodwillie, and nearly 2m for Verhoek, on top of the above. We also resigned our backbone of 3IAR.

Maybe people will think this is all shadow talk and shadow money, but I for one have no reason to doubt our chairman just yet.

So no direct quotes from Wilson actually wanting to return to Rangers?

I saw the Wilson interview after the Scotland game on Sky Sports. He said he would be open to a return to Rangers if it meant him getting more game time.