Just accept the transfer embargo and let's get on with it FFS!

If Green doesn't accept the transfer embargo this is just going to drag on and on, so I've changed my mind now and think Green should just accept the embargo and get down to the business of providing Ally with funds to buy in some very good youngsters.

We would still be able to sign U18 players and I don't see why we shouldn't be able to win the 3rd division with U18s to supplement what we have left of a squad.

We also have some very good players from our own youth teams such as the best from our U17s who were promoted up to help out our struggling U19 team last season.

Just get on with it and stop fannying about!

no sir no way never give up your right to justice every november i go to george square to pay respect to those who died to give us these rights .

As has been said if we cave into the SFA especially with people like Regan about it would make our life hell.

The embargo is incorrect even if the SFA say it isn't an embargo who runs a team with under 18's who haven't developed properly? Also when they said about us having over 40 players which was just BS. I am sick of this and try and take a step back because the SFA have made my blood boil far to much with their farcical handling of this whole situation. As well as Regans tenure which seems to be one thing after another.

maybe mr green should say to regan and his friends stop all these santcions no more embargo talk let us play football in the third division and next season we will accept your invite to join spl2 if not we will decline your invite they will be desperate for a television deal come this time next year .

onward and upward.

maybe mr green should say to regan and his friends stop all these santcions no more embargo talk let us play football in the third division and next season we will accept your invite to join spl2 if not we will decline your invite they will be desperate for a television deal come this time next year .

onward and upward.

Sorry Foggy but they can stick their SPL2 right up their arse . There is only room for 1 ruling body in Scottish football and that body should not be the SPL .

The SPL is a crippled race horse.

Zappa, what about accepting all future punishments that may come to light? That is what we are also being asked to do.

As I said to rbr in post #16, Green could use acceptance of the transfer embargo as a bargaining chip. It might not work, but he could give it go. Just say to them he'll accept the transfer embargo (and the fine they gave us) if that's the end of it and he doesn't have to accept their demands regarding future sanctions and not being able to challenge them. It would stick in our craw because the SFA would get another pound of our flesh, but if it worked out at least we'd be able to move on without the fear of them hammering us with more crazy punishments for the actions of David Murray, Craig Whyte etc.

Edited by Zappa
typo

I agree dB, but this can't continue to be dragged out because we need to bring in players and play a couple of games before our season starts.

IMO, Green should try to broker a deal with the SFA whereby we accept the embargo and £160k fine they hit us with, but draw a line under it at that once and for all. Tell them we won't accept any further SFA or SPL punishments for the actions of the previous owners, but will take their unfair transfer embargo for the sake of puting an end to this madness and getting back to business.

In what way does our acceding to these illegal sanctions in total constitute Green "brokering a deal"?

I have a better idea for a settlement. Why doesn't Regan accept a deal where he drops this idiotic idea of Lawwell-prompted sanctions? Then he can resign in disgrace and fuck off back home to get his lisp fixed with the proceeds of his payoff.

Subtle bargaining indeed, 3909 04!

I don't envy Charles this one at all. No matter what his decision, he'll be seen as wrong, often by the same person - I can see why he'd accept, and I can see why we should emphatically resist. Wisdom of Solomon is needed, but the wisdom of Regan is all that is on offer.

yeah this is a no win situation for Mr green. he probably should accept it.

if he can get it to run from say Aug 14 for a year he definitely should.

but what should never happen is people forgetting the sfa's part in this illegal persecution of rangers.

I'm getting very concerned about the expectation levels among our fans about Div 3 being a walk in the park without half a team of good old heads. I'm telling you right now we will not win that league with Jig and 9 outfield kids. We NEED some experienced heads in the side to win it.