Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Player react to management. It's the as,e in any line of work. I'm back at work today. I have this rig manager for a week. He's weak, i do my own thing while he's here and don't pay much attention to him because he isn't very knowledgable

His back to back is here in 10 days, he knows his shit and I listen to him and put in a shift for him.

The reality is there's no difference to what you do as a profession, if the leaders are weak then they must be changed

Reading on here stops you wondering how myths come into being. As if any on here writing about McCoist "lacking" the respect of the players or don't do what he says have actually been anywhere near a training session, within the changing room or a tactics session. As if McCoist is the only person the players look up to or have to "obey".

We have at best a mediocre team (by Rangers standards) - though we can be glad that we a) have a team and b) that we actually got some SPL quality in there still. We also have a set squad knowing that we cannot add or essentially loose that many people during the embargo. That could give some egos a boost (since they think they are "undropable"), but the players we have don't appear to me to be egomanics like McGregor or Whittaker appeared to be. Any manager can only get so much out of a (limited) team within a new environment and if you look beyond us, you see that no matter what manager or money or squad you actually have, teams will struggle from time to time and you'll e.g. find the Arsenals and Liverpools, AC Milans and Real Madrids well off the pace. I could hazard a guess what sort of excuses their support come up with to explain their league form and it will not be all too dissimilar to what I read on here. Enjoy the Sunday nonetheless.

This a a rebuilding period in our history , a crucial time when we need to get the building blocks and the foundations right to move on when league reconstruction comes or for when we get back to where we all want to be .

Now before that happens there are obvious things that are being done , the IPO for one , Craig Mathers overhaul of Auchenowie , the fight with the corrupt SPL which hasnt finished , these are all things that have a variable outcome .

One thing that is not needed IMHO is changing the one guy who has held us all together , taking away his managerial ability , we will win this league , ugly , poor football , whatever , we will win it , by that time most of the things will be settled ,and hopefully better players will have been identified and secured under freedom of contracts to sign on Sept 1st.

Whether Ally is still amanager or not ,what league we are in no one knows but all we do know is that we have a club , a fantastic support , and a future , something we werent even sure of 4 months ago , some people need to get real.

and the excuses keep pouring out. temporary dips in form can be expected and accepted but over 16 months of the same mistakes and same boring negative football and tactics cannot. and another thing, anyone who thinks these players are playing for their manager is deluded.

We seem to be screaming for the club to be run to the best of its ability, but then being happy for the team to be run like a bloody amateur side. Get somebody in who can take us forward on the pitch or all the good work off the pitch will mean nothing.

We seem to be screaming for the club to be run to the best of its ability, but then being happy for the team to be run like a bloody amateur side. Get somebody in who can take us forward on the pitch or all the good work off the pitch will mean nothing.

well said. it seems it doesnt matter how ridiculously embarassing ally has us on the park, people will still say he will come good in the end and to give him time. he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is improving. its getting worse.

Asked my sons this morning what they thought of the game, best they could come up with was a shrug of the shoulders and we won that's the main thing right.

Would drive you to drink that the young cubs are getting used to the crap we play.

well said. it seems it doesnt matter how ridiculously embarassing ally has us on the park, people will still say he will come good in the end and to give him time. he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is improving. its getting worse.

If Ally hasn't worked out why his teams keep making the same mistakes now, he never will.

This a a rebuilding period in our history , a crucial time when we need to get the building blocks and the foundations right to move on when league reconstruction comes or for when we get back to where we all want to be .

Now before that happens there are obvious things that are being done , the IPO for one , Craig Mathers overhaul of Auchenowie , the fight with the corrupt SPL which hasnt finished , these are all things that have a variable outcome .

One thing that is not needed IMHO is changing the one guy who has held us all together , taking away his managerial ability , we will win this league , ugly , poor football , whatever , we will win it , by that time most of the things will be settled ,and hopefully better players will have been identified and secured under freedom of contracts to sign on Sept 1st.

Whether Ally is still amanager or not ,what league we are in no one knows but all we do know is that we have a club , a fantastic support , and a future , something we werent even sure of 4 months ago , some people need to get real.

To be honest mate I don't see what chance we ever have for rebuilding if the thinking keeps on being 'we might have died' or along those lines. Ally should be judged how every Rangers manager has been, results and performances. How much time he gets is up to the board.