Fran Stella for the offski....

I accept that, it just seems like we've had an especially high amount.

I mean Hemdani must have picked up a fair wedge in his last season when Walter wouldn't even consider him for the bench.

I think you probably sense it's more for us as you are far more informed about our failures. When other clubs let unknown players go (or even famous ones) I'm pretty sure you don't take notice.

Most of us are on a Rangers forum and check New Now for Rangers stories, you'd have to be doing the same for other clubs to get the same level of news exposure.

Taking on an obscure 20 year old on a free and then letting him go six months later when it looks like he doesn't fit into the team is hardly big news.

When you have a squad of more than twice as many players as the number in the team then there will always be one or two players who don't get a game for an array of reasons. Why play someone when you have an available player you think is better?

You can't get away from the fact there is always a worst player at any club. Sometimes they look good on a trial but then don't deliver. Reasons could be failure to settle, lack of effort, bad attitude or just not fitting in and many more.

We all make purchases that don't pan out but we don't all see ourselves as failures because of it. At least this time it didn't cost us much. I remember when Asprilla pretty much cost Keegan the title even though he was great player.

Maybe I am. I cant say I noticed it.

If we were inept or mediocre in the transfer market, so are all other managers in every league that there is. That is the whole point here. Half a handful of poster can't help themselves but to ridicule our current and previous managers transfer activities. Or, as we have seen, much of what they do in general. Ask any supporter of another team and they will tell you very much the same. At the end of the day, wasted millions or not, managers are measured by the success they bring to their clubs, or lack of. And for some reason I think that all managers we had these last decade or two - bar LeGuen perhaps - have brought success to this club, and in abundance. Go ask thousands of other supporters out there of other clubs about the/-ir money spent and success gained ... the story will be quite different. But that notion will be quickly discounted by those who apparently cannot look beyond the current regime ... or rather do not want to look beyond it. Far easier to bash the sitting duck ...

the fact remains our record is worse than just about everyone else. it cannot even be argued, the transfer market has been one of the worst aspects of our club business since at least the turn of the millenium.

The lack of an adequate scouting policy/network probably plays a huge part in that failing.

An Arsenal scout sat in front of me at the Villarreal away game, the information on his laptop was incredible, probably more information on there alone than the RFC scouting network holds in its entirety.

I'd love to know what is involved in our scouting. Do we have anyone at the South American under 20's championship currently going on? What do we do out in Australasia?

Also why is it Belgian,French even Swedish clubs are getting good young African players when we never have any?

I'm all for us growing our home grown talent but the Scottish net will only catch a handful.

I think there is /has been more scrutiny on our transfer activity over the past couple of years due to financial restraints....we simply haven't had the cash to buy in a dozen players with the hope that 4 or 5 of them are successful - EVERY PENNY HAS COUNTED.

With regards to Stella (and M McKay recently), the management & scouts have obviously seen enough of the players to feel that they could offer something to the team. Neither player cost much either via purchase price or wages, but they still cost money with could possibly have been better spent elsewhere.

I agree that a lot of it probably comes down to the quality of the scouting. In the past we have tended to pay high & sell low. Do these valuations come from the scouting staff???

With regards to Stella in particular, I think the lad has been REALLY unlucky.....from what I know, he's mainly a left sided attacking winger. This season, we've had Temps, McKay & Aird all doing REALLY well on that side of the pitch. I do think it might have been worthwhile giving that guy a bit of game time though....if he doesn't do anything then fair enough.

Originally Posted by kuznetsov View Post

the fact remains our record is worse than just about everyone else. it cannot even be argued, the transfer market has been one of the worst aspects of our club business since at least the turn of the millenium.

The "fact" remains that you probably have no idea about the transfer activities of "everyone else" when making such statements. Such bold Rangers bashing would need some serious (as in reliable) examples ... not with regards to Rangers, but "everyone else", which includes Schalke, Sunderland, Fleetwood, East Fife, Liverpool, Lazio and hundred others. Just go on an e.g. Liverpool page and ask them how much money they have spent on utter gash over this period of time and won next to nothing.

The "fact" remains that you probably have no idea about the transfer activities of "everyone else" when making such statements. Such bold Rangers bashing would need some serious (as in reliable) examples ... not with regards to Rangers, but "everyone else", which includes Schalke, Sunderland, Fleetwood, East Fife, Liverpool, Lazio and hundred others. Just go on an e.g. Liverpool page and ask them how much money they have spent on utter gash over this period of time and won next to nothing.

Naw mate, we're the worst ever at everything to do with football. We are pish, pure and simple. From top to bottom we have been a shambles for the past ten years blah, blah, fucking blah.