Darren Cole - Contract Terminated

He's 21 so not a boy, wish we could educate the young lads on more than football.

Such a waste.

Believe it or not once the kids hit the Academy they ARE educated on more than just football. They get media training as well as social media training and, from what I am led to believe, a whole lot more besides.

The players themselves need to WANT to be educated and absorb the education.

Again, from what I hear... he was one of those players who believed they had "made" it.... and stopped working as hard as he should.

I am also informed that one player who is NOT like this is.... you will undoubtedly be happy and unsurprised..... is Lewis MacLeod - apparently very humble, non-smoker, not a drinker, not really a partier - and constantly willing and wanting to learn. It shows in the young lads performances. We will do well to hold onto the lad.

Believe it or not once the kids hit the Academy they ARE educated on more than just football. They get media training as well as social media training and, from what I am led to believe, a whole lot more besides.

The players themselves need to WANT to be educated and absorb the education.

Good to hear, as you say they have to want it.

Again, from what I hear... he was one of those players who believed they had "made" it.... and stopped working as hard as he should.

I am also informed that one player who is NOT like this is.... you will undoubtedly be happy and unsurprised..... is Lewis MacLeod - apparently very humble, non-smoker, not a drinker, not really a partier - and constantly willing and wanting to learn. It shows in the young lads performances. We will do well to hold onto the lad.

Robbie Crawford is another albeit not as talented as LM.

He should have read the writing on the wall regarding players who have come in, and buckled down. Other younger players are apparently making a real effort at Auchenhowie and he should have followed the example and done the same.

There was a reason for asking him to play in the reserves. My take is that not turning up is a bit of a Prima Donna reaction. An Alan Hutton in his hey day he is not.

This absolutely shows. He seems well professional and to have his head screwed on right.

This absolutely shows. He seems well professional and to have his head screwed on right.

I've heard that Crawford is similar with regards to really working hard at training. Also, it looked to me like MacKay has put in some hours in the gym.