Well said, sir.

I have to admit to going through a period of hating the SFA & that affected my support for the national team; but I've moved on and last night was just great. Really enjoyed it.

I have to say I thought Brown did very well & that was the first time I've ever seen him playing decently. If he stopped trying to be the world's hardest nut (which he is plainly not) he could be a real player.

lucky not to give away a penalty and as ever gave the ball away in a bewildering variety of ways.

lucky not to give away a penalty and as ever gave the ball away in a bewildering variety of ways.

True about the penalty, tho it would have been soft.

I didn't think any Scotland player gave the ball away too badly, and that was the reason we played well and won.

Kevin Thomson drove me mad, I found him far more frustrating than even Whittaker. I thought Thomson was a really immature footballer, he clearly had a ability yet for me his decision making was hugely flawed. He gave away stupid fouls and was booked far too regularly. I thought he made our side poorer when he played and was glad when we sold him. The potential was there but for some reason he couldn't realise it.

At one particular OF game we had banners stating "half the price, twice the player" - and at that point in time everyone in Scottish football, if they were objective, would have agreed we got the better player. Thomson was performing far superior to Brown back then.

Yes he got too many silly bookings but he was a very good player for us, I was disappointed he left, as was Walter - and I trust his judgement more than any of ours.

Injuries very much curtailed Thomson"s career.

At one particular OF game we had banners stating "half the price, twice the player" - and at that point in time everyone in Scottish football, if they were objective, would have agreed we got the better player. Thomson was performing far superior to Brown back then.

Yes he got too many silly bookings but he was a very good player for us, I was disappointed he left, as was Walter - and I trust his judgement more than any of ours.

Injuries very much curtailed Thomson"s career.

His style of play invited injuries yet his physique and natural gifts meant he shouldn't have been playing in that style in the first place. He had a lovely touch and awareness yet to often he tried to be some sort of midfield enforcer. His lack of goals was an issue too, poor return for a midfielder.

His style of play invited injuries yet his physique and natural gifts meant he shouldn't have been playing in that style in the first place. He had a lovely touch and awareness yet to often he tried to be some sort of midfield enforcer. His lack of goals was an issue too, poor return for a midfielder.

Depends on the type of midfielder you are. He was never an attacking midfielder, was more of a holding midfielder trying to dictate and direct play (the awareness you mention was part of that reason).

I wont forget THAT goal against THEM at Ibrox.