Black gets a 10 match ban with 7 of them suspended

All things considered I'm not sure how Rangers can sack Sandaza for talking about a transfer in a prank call then go on to defend Black for being guilty of even worse stupidity by breaking betting rules.

I guess it's just another example of the inconsistent and less than aspirational standards at our club nowadays.

Ian Black may have had a decent start to this season but he was never a suitable player to represent Rangers and was always going to embarrass us more than impress us.

All things considered I'm not sure how Rangers can sack Sandaza for talking about a transfer in a prank call then go on to defend Black for being guilty of even worse stupidity by breaking betting rules.

I guess it's just another example of the inconsistent and less than aspirational standards at our club nowadays.

Ian Black may have had a decent start to this season but he was never a suitable player to represent Rangers and was always going to embarrass us more than impress us.

I believe Sandaza was a quick escape option for us to save £7k a week because he was rotten. Green saw the ££ signs and jumped on it.

Which then backfired .............. how much did we "settle" I'd like to know.

A poor error of judgement on our part, sorry Green's part that ultimately cost us money.

Had Green still been here it would be the same outcome with Black, fully knowing the window was shut and we couldnt replace him (more savings).

ALLY McCOIST says he has no problem with picking Ian Black in his Rangers team having seen a complete list of the bets the midfielder has admitted making over a seven-year period.

The former Hearts player was given a 10-match suspension yesterday by the SFA yesterday for breaching their rules on football gambling.

Black had been accused of placing wagers on 160 different fixtures between 2006 and 2013, including 11 which involved his then registered club.

Three of those were bets against the team he was contracted to at the time they were made and the 28-year-old has been punished accordingly.

Seven games within Black’s ban are suspended until the end of the season, while three are immediate and he’ll miss clashes with Arbroath, Queen of the South and Forfar.

The Scotland international will then become available again for the home meeting with Stenhousemuir on September 28. In addition, he has been fined £7,500.

As a club, Gers have had extensive discussions on the matter and taken their own internal action against Black.

Now, as far as McCoist is concerned, the matter is closed because he is satisfied with what he has seen and heard.

The manager said: “The decision has been made, Ian has been punished and we’ll move on now.

“I’ve actually seen every one of his bets and I certainly don’t have a problem with Ian Black playing for Rangers again, not at all.

“I genuinely – rightly or wrongly – don’t have an issue with it. I can understand arguments for and against but I know the lad and I know what he’s like.

“There is no problem with his commitment to our club, his commitment as a player and his commitment in all the games. That’s it for me and the issue is closed.

“Everyone has different opinions on it but I don’t think Ian will have to work harder (to win over supporters).

“He is working unbelievably hard and I think he has arguably been one of our best players so far this season.

“Craig Mather, myself and Ian have sat down and had a chat. Disciplinary action has been taken but it’s an internal matter and that’s the way it will remain.

“You could argue we’re maybe a little unfortunate it’s one of our players and our club again but the fact of the matter is he did it and now we move on.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5071-no-problem-picking-black