Nah, I'm saying he uses his "fame" to influence mods on other forums to silence anyone that might get too close to the bone.

That just comes across as personal dislike and supposition rather than him actually banning people as you were implying earlier.

Also I don't see that not wanting TBB or TFS sung at Ibrox because of potential sanctions on the club as restriction of freedom of speech.

Losing our past links really could make us a 'new club'.

How about singing songs of the Gallant Pioneers instead? You can't get a greater link to the past than that. If you miss a certain side of things, you could always join the Orange Order - you even get to wear a "beautiful" sash.

Losing our past links really could make us a 'new club'.

This is all about how people define "past". We were already a decent enough club before WW I and the financial crisis brought all the religious issues from Ireland and Ulster to Scotland. From the 1920s to 1980s we were sure stuck in a religious (if not to say bigotted) mentality throughout the club and supporters structures. It brought riches, fame and glory to the club, but was, by any sort of standard, nothing adorable. Religion and politics need not to be associated to a football club.

For about 3 generations of Bears, this gospel of being Protestant and Proud and British and Anti-Catholic was almost feasible. Quite a few of those who grew up in that way are still neck deep into it ... despite the fact that the club as well as society in Ireland (sic!) and Scotland moved on. Which is not to say that you don't have any "religious" or indeed "sectarian" issues out there.

IMHO, the "Protestant era" of Rangers FC belongs to the past, much like those gallant pioneers et al. It is 2013, not 1984. Much of those giving the loylalists songs a laldy these days are (I would expect) hardly hardcore (or even softcore) loyalists or fighters for the Protestant cause (if there is such a thing). And in that respect, it strikes you even more that the Scottish mhedia makes such a fuss about certain pro-British or loyalists songs, who are generally just (at worst cynical) banter.

On the other hand, in the wake of years of failure on the park, the Hooped Horrors have since roundabout 2005 started their victimisation campaign, their utterly disgusting anti-Rangers propaganda based on next to nothing ... when looked upon from outside Scotland. Rather on the contrary, they established a system of double standards that is in full swing - as we saw and see with their ridiculous comments about the Armed Forces Day. And while I am at it, I have no doubt that some of those so-called politicians whipping the debate up are not doing it on the basis of self-interest (i.e. being "victimized Catholics et al), but to further their own policial agendas and careers while Scotland's political life stumbles from one low to another.

Edited by der Berliner

Much of those giving the loylalists songs a laldy these days are (I would expect) hardly hardcore (or even softcore) loyalists or fighters for the Protestant cause (if there is such a thing).

Exactly, it's pretend Protestant/Loyalists being criticised by pretend Catholic/Nationalists, who pretend to be offended by each other. Lot of bullshit.

Exactly, it's pretend Protestant/Loyalists being criticised by pretend Catholic/Nationalists, who pretend to be offended by each other. Lot of bullshit.

Easy for you to say probably million miles away from the streets of Belfast , or even Glasgow for that matter.

That's an unbelievably shallow comment