Leggat:

MIKE ASHLEY BACKING BOARD TO PROTECT HIS DEAL WITH AHMAD AND GREEN

FOLLOW-FOLLOW the money! And wave it, cheerio! That is what Rangers supporters have had to do as they have watched a well documented Niagara Falls of cash gush from the Stadium in the past 18 months.

Now those fans wait and wait and wait again, kept in the dark by the current regime, as to how they can possibly raise at least the same again in cash in the next 18 months in preparation for Rangers returning to the top flight in the summer of 2015 and wresting the title from Celtic.

From the new chairman, David Somers, there has been not a word of substance on the subject. In fact, from Somers there have been only Jack Irvine-style slurs questioning whether or not Paul Murray, Malcolm Murray, Alex Wilson and Scott Murdoch would pass the AIM and SFA fit and proper persons test.

Here’s a wee message to Somers and his spin doctor Jack Irvine. They will! No problem!

Now comes a pop gun attack on the Union of Fans from Irvine’s favourite blogger, questioning the loyalty of those tens of thousands of fans who have said that if the current regime survives, supporters will target billionaire Newcastle owner and Sports Direct tycoon Mike Ashley by refusing to buy his Rangers strips, etc.

In the wake of that statement about Mike Ashley by loyal Bluenoses, other Rangers fans are waking up and wising up to the sweetheart deal Imran Ahmad and Charles Green struck with Ashley. A deal which sees Ashley the bigger winner. It is already a hot topic on Follow-Follow.

Let’s be clear about this. This fans’ threat is not aimed at Rangers. It is aimed at Mike Ashley and his profits. It is aimed at his coffers, which are boosted every time someone buys a Rangers strip, or indeed anything at all from any of the Rangers Shops.

That last bit is not generally known. But I had personal experience a year ago which led me to believe that everything in all the Rangers shops, including the Megastore at Ibrox, from books which are published by publishers who have no links to Ashley, to crystal, has to be supplied via Mike Ashley’s warehouse, somewhere in the heart of England.

And Mike Ashley takes his cut. On everything.

That is the sweetheart deal which the disgraced duo of one-time Rangers commercial director Imran Ahmad and former chief executive Charles Green handed on a plate to Mike Ashley.

It is a great deal for Mike Ashley. And a great deal for Imran Ahmad. But, by the look of it, a right, red, rank, rotten deal for Rangers. And that deal which Imran Ahmad signed with Mike Ashley is one of the reasons why Ahmad is hounding Rangers through the Court of Session for £3.5M, some of which will be his cut from the Ashley deal.

No wonder Mike Ashley has said he will use his 3M shares to back the board, no wonder Mike Ashley has pledged his 4.61pc stake in Rangers to vote for the current regime. It’s great business for Mike Ashley.

That is why Rangers supporters should not only stop buying the strips etc, which are part of the Mike Ashley Sports Direct empire. But also stop shopping at the Rangers Megastore at Ibrox and other Rangers shops, as Ashley, it seems, gets a huge cut from every quid anyone spends there.

All anyone is doing by buying strips and by shopping for other items in Rangers shops, which are freely available elsewhere, is adding to the Sports Direct Empire and helping Mike Ashley on his way to his second Billion quid. Money which he may well pour into the club which he owns, Newcastle United. But which increasingly hard-up looking Rangers will not benefit from.

Mike Ashley is paying Rangers what amounts to relative pennies for the sweetheart deal handed on a plate to him by the disgraced duo of former Rangers commercial director, Imran Ahmad and ex-chief executive Charles Green, two men whose presence lingers around Rangers like a bad smell, via a £3.5M Court of Session action and in Green’s case, desperate secret pleas to shareholders to vote for the current regime.

However, it won’t be such a sweetheart deal for Mike Ashley if Rangers supporters boycott his gear.

Therefore, Mike Ashley is a legitimate target for Rangers supporters who are worried about the Niagara Falls of cash which has gushed from Ibrox in torrents over the past 18 months, fans who are concerned where the cash needed in another 18 months to wrest the title away from Celtic, is coming from.

Yeah, I think I'd want to see the details before I'll be calling foul. I don't like Ashley and I don't wan't him owning or influencing our club, but I'd want to know more about this before I call for the lynch mob.

When Imran Ahmad released his list of commercial deals he'd done for the Club (which he's claiming 5% of) he seemed to be referring to the Sports Direct and Puma deals as a single deal when he said:

"Sports Direct Puma is a 5 year contract and should produce profits of £4m per year for the next 5 years. That’s £20m of benefit to Rangers I have directly negotiated on Puma."

He then went on to appear to be saying that the profit for Rangers in the deal is 20% of turnover or 20p in the pound when he said the following:

"My 5% bonus is only based on cash profit into club. Total size of Puma deal over 5 years is circa £100m of cash-flow but I’m only making my claim on the profit Rangers would get i.e. £4m per year for 5 years if that makes sense."

So was Ahmad lying about our percentage cut of the turnover? Was it just more Ahmad and Green bullshit and lies?

What's actually going on in full with these Sports Direct and Puma deals?

Get the thumbscrews out!