we got one board member who looks ok on paper and is so far very dubious in reality.

but we are still being run by the same spivs who we always were. just now it's through the easdales and somner crighton and such instead of green and ahmed.

you have to laugh when people claim things went badly when p murray was on the board. halcyon days

This is all fair enough, except that people are not chastising Wallace for attempting to trim our financial sails. They are criticising him for making, as his first move in such trimming, a gambit which

(a) was very unlikely to be successful

(b) destabilises and demoralises the playing staff

© depletes already rock bottom morale amongst fans not long before ST renewal time

(d) ignores the vastly higher costs which require cutting elsewhere

(e) creates, as you say, a media storm

(f) makes him look a little bit like someone groping around for an answer rather than someone with a coherent plan

(g) is unlikely to encourage investment into the club and

(h) is just crass, crass, crass!!!!

Yes, cut costs. Yes, look at player wages. But for fuck's sake, don't make your opening move the one which does the most possible damage to Rangers without gaining one iota of benefit!

Where do we get these executives who haven't a fucking clue how the real world operates? AAAAAARGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very succinctly put if I may say.

The only one I might possibly disagree with is (g) because any attempt at cost cutting and dare I say cutting our cloth to suit the league we are in will be appreciated by investors; but otherwise I'd say you are spot on.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

we got one board member who looks ok on paper and is so far very dubious in reality.

but we are still being run by the same spivs who we always were. just now it's through the easdales and somner crighton and such instead of green and ahmed.

you have to laugh when people claim things went badly when p murray was on the board. halcyon days

Was brilliant being run by a bank aye

Very succinctly put if I may say.

Thee only one I might possibly disagree with is (g) because any attempt at cost cutting and dare I say cutting our cloth to suit the league we are in will be appreciated by investors; but otherwise I'd say you are spot on.

You could be right; but surely investors want the maximum return? I'm not sure how putting out a third division standard side whiles we are in the third league would boost the share price. Granted there are a lot of imponderables but I'd wager a 3rd class side = season/matchday ticket decrease = diminished revenue = poorer annual figures = lower share value than could otherwise be achieved.

But what do I know? I'm sitting looking at a job advert driving a Rentokil van about, emptying 'female hygiene products' for the princely sum of £14,000 a year. I dare say Wallace is earning more than that, although which of us is the bigger fanny remains debatable.

Edited by andy steel

Nor are the directors stealing it all, as much as Stockbridge's bonus was a disgrace.

I think our running costs plus one offs like EH have been underestimated in the hysteria.

running costs paid by the board and eh bough by the board only to rot and provide no revenue.