Just to side track a bit has anybody ever sung this text to the sash.

The Sash (2)

It is old but it is beautiful, it's red, it's white and it's blue

It's worn on the slopes of Ibrox Park, and a place called Parkhead too

My father wore it as a youth in the bygone days of yore

And it's on display every Saturday

Every time the Rangers score.

Personally I have never heard it before.

I think that was on an old Rangers record - from the 60s. I may be wrong as my memory is not to be trusted but I think so. I've certainly heard it before - though not for almost 50 years.

It would make sense if it came from a record because if fans had made it up the word "place" would be replaced by something more erm, colourful, for "Parkhead".

I wish they'd ban English fans from attempting their feeble imitations of TBB. They yap it far too quickly with ridiculous changes of key. Fair play to Timothy. He half-inched the YAWN song from 'Pool but he makes a better job of it.

I would assume that letters directly sent to a club are not always made public on UEFA's or a club's website. E.g. Mark Dingwall never ever said anything to the contrary despite numerous requests to bring TBB or "Hullo Hullo" back. Hence, I assume that these people actually saw the letter on that day.

I would think that, you're correct dB. For example, despite Celtic's numerous transgressions (laughably, more than us) I have yet to have sight of any communications from UEFA to the Club.

I'm sure they will exist - UEFA are big on threats and on painting a picture for the future (politically, it strengthens their raisin d'être). However, it would appear that their fans - let alone the media or the general public - have never had sight of these. This despite the fact that recent run-ins with UEFA have been sectarian in nature.

DB, I was curious about this published ban so I googled it looking for answers.

"The meeting followed receipt of Uefa's written grounds for fining Rangers following the tie against Villarreal.

Uefa also ordered Rangers to "anounce measurable targets in order to reduce sectarian behaviour amongst its supporters".

When you read the article it does NOT show you how UEFA banned TBB just that Rangers had to cut down on sectarian behaviour. The banning at this point of TBB seems to be a BBC slant on this issue ( we have subsequently seen how their reporting on all matters of Rangers is incredibly skewed ).

Here is a quote from this article ...

"The UEFA report concluded that such songs were part of "Scotland's social and historical background."

It declared: "After studying the evidence at hand, as well as the statement of Rangers FC, the Control and Disciplinary Body concedes that the supporters have been singing the 'Billy Boys' for years during national and international matches without either the Scottish football or governmental authorities being able to intervene. The result is that this song is now somewhat tolerated."

"Given this social and historical context UEFA cannot demand an end to behaviour that has been tolerated for years."

The initial UEFA Report was superceded on appeal.

... by Mr. Kapl, a hardcore Catholic from Austria. Nothing against that, but it does tell you that whatever the intentions of certain songs and add-ons (FTP in this case) were , people understood them (or were made to understood it out of context) as generally anti-Catholic. Which broke "our" neck.

... by Mr. Kapl, a hardcore Catholic from Austria. Nothing against that, but it does tell you that whatever the intentions of certain songs and add-ons (FTP in this case) were , people understood them (or were made to understood it out of context) as generally anti-Catholic. Which broke "our" neck.

No doubt. Then you had the others like Archbishop Conti, probably Reid and the east enders all working away behind the scenes to coerce SDM to make their warning appear to the fans like a ban.

Has anyone actually seen the letter. There had to be more than Dingwall at the meeting with SDM and if they seen the letter why won't they tell us what it contained. This sounds like Bomber and 'show us the deeds'.

The initial UEFA Report was superceded on appeal.

Look at post #29 BH. The Appeal Board partially upheld Kapl's appeal but according to the Scotsman's article, although it issued a stronger warning it still did not outright ban TBB. SDM did that at the meeting he had with the fan reps. Assuming that the article is a true statement of the letter that SDM received. You would think that if there was an outright ban, then the club would publish it in face of these repeated attempts by the fans to bring back the TBB.