There has to have been some sort of understanding on the wording of the statement, even if it has been issued as Board statement; there would be no point in the Board putting that out if they knew that he was going to substantially contradict them. That would just strike even more at their credibility than has already happened.

I just cannot see him coming out with something totally contradictory.

Therefore I would expect something very similar from King; perhaps something along the lines of let's wait and see what comes out of the review with some kind of veiled threat about what the UoF will do if they don't like it. He'll dress it up by saying he's going to get the chance to invest in a new share issue; but that's been coming all along.

Basically the Board have called his/UoF bluff and I sense a major climb down in the air.

The reason I say that is that (a) the Board will not pledge the assets against the ST money in trust or otherwise and (b) once King becomes a major shareholder, it wouldn't be in his interests either.

If my calculations are correct and there's a new issue at the current price then £10 million would by him around 25% of the company, if he got allocated all the shares he wants (by no means certain) which would mean he could block the sale of Ibrox for example. He might then say job done. He'll find a way to include the fans through BR or RF or something similar and a sympathetic fan(s) or other appointee to sit on the Board for him.

You read it here before it appears in the Record.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

What do folk do if King side of the story supports the Boards statement???

If King is happy with things (for now), surely that implies that whatever the board is currently doing, it is heading in the right direction???

Obviously, if King contradicts the Board statement, its all out war....

Deep down surely that is what every Bear wants to see and hear? Means there was nothing to worry about but the facts just don't stack up.

What do folk do if King side of the story supports the Boards statement???

If King is happy with things (for now), surely that implies that whatever the board is currently doing, it is heading in the right direction???

Obviously, if King contradicts the Board statement, its all out war....

I assumed that the statement was put out by the board with King's agreement! But it still doesn't say anything, regardless of who put it out.