It would be expert timing actually. The Chair of CBI Scotland is getting a bit of a pounding at the moment...

Why so? I thought his support for the No campaign (hardly unexpected from that source) would have ushered him speedily toward the old knighthood.

Unless he has one already...I confess I have no idea who it is. Jackson Laidlaw?

Was that not misrepresenting what I said? And when it comes to some things I am likely talking in a general sense about fans rather than necessarily directing it right at you.

The big issue here is me being in a minority of one, if i'm going to be banned for that then not much I can do. Sure plenty on here would celebrate.

No, that's not misrepresentation - it's a logical exploration of your previous post. Indeed a question was asked and, well, not answered which again suggests you're at the lash rather than being genuine.

You're not in a minority of one at all. There have been several good debates lately with people of opposing opinions. Something every forum needs.

Why so? I thought his support for the No campaign (hardly unexpected from that source) would have ushered him speedily toward the old knighthood.

Unless he has one already...I confess I have no idea who it is. Jackson Laidlaw?

Apologies, this is off topic...

Can't remember his name, but he's the MD of Babcock Marine (or similar) who operate the Faslane naval base.

The CBI have been forced to register as a campaigning organisation for Better Together by the electoral commission having come under pressure from a pro Indy group Business for Scotland.

It seems there are a lot of questions being asked of the CBI in terms of clarity over their Scottish membership, to what extent they have consulted with its members before producing articles and opinions on their behalf. They've also been putting themselves forward as a neutral organisation, despite the appearances to the contrary.

Ergo, the organisation and their Chairman are under a lot of scrutiny at the moment. And a lot of their members are resigning because they are no longer neutral. This includes several government bodies, universities and some commercial entities who have neutral stances and don't want this compromised through association with the CBI given its electoral commission registration.

That's what it read for me and you're certainly struggling to clarify your opinion.

As it stands, instead of a scouting department, we have various PR people employed at what I'd fancy is a very generous sum of money. This week a new PR professional was appointed in favour of a new chief scout.

Is that good or bad management from those running the club? As a football-only fan does that make you confident about the quality of signing ahead of the new season? If not, can you now see why some football subjects automatically intertwine with boardroom decisions?

It's just one example - but I'm sure we could pick out more to show why not every criticism of the boardroom comes down to political viewpoints.

I'm not considering it a direct choice between the two, and i'd like to think much bigger plans to overhaul the scouting system are being made than whatever it took to appoint a PR consultant out of the blue. I'd really want to know how much he's on before deciding how good or bad a decision it is.

If this review contains no plans about scouting, or if several months down the line there is no movement on scouting, then yes I will be very concerned. I'm not especially worried about next season's signings because I think we should stick with the core of what we have, too much money has been wasted in these lower leagues so we need a year of limited spending, it's still more than enough for promotion. I already have concerns about the board because I really believe they have to consider changing manager for us to have a better chance of getting back where we belong, and i'm worried they're being too weak because of McCoist's legendary status. So yes you're right that football and boardroom decisions intertwine, I am turning more anti-board than I was just not for the '****s out', 'they're stealing all the money' type reasons, and i'm not saying that's you Frankie but it clearly is many.

In spite of all that however I just genuinely believe the fans have to stick by it, these individuals come and go they always have.

At the risk of sounding sarky because i'm not trying to be, I hope that reply seems genuine enough.

I'm not considering it a direct choice between the two, and i'd like to think much bigger plans to overhaul the scouting system are being made than whatever it took to appoint a PR consultant out of the blue. I'd really want to know how much he's on before deciding how good or bad a decision it is.

If this review contains no plans about scouting, or if several months down the line there is no movement on scouting, then yes I will be very concerned. I'm not especially worried about next season's signings because I think we should stick with the core of what we have, too much money has been wasted in these lower leagues so we need a year of limited spending, it's still more than enough for promotion. I already have concerns about the board because I really believe they have to consider changing manager for us to have a better chance of getting back where we belong, and i'm worried they're being too weak because of McCoist's legendary status. So yes you're right that football and boardroom decisions intertwine, I am turning more anti-board than I was just not for the '****s out', 'they're stealing all the money' type reasons, and i'm not saying that's you Frankie but it clearly is many.

In spite of all that however I just genuinely believe the fans have to stick by it, these individuals come and go they always have.

At the risk of sounding sarky because i'm not trying to be, I hope that reply seems genuine enough.

we may well have spent to much on players but it's worth pointing out we have taken in 60 million and spent about 14 on players. that may be to much but it's sure not the issue.

we may well have spent to much on players but it's worth pointing out we have taken in 60 million and spent about 14 on players. that may be to much but it's sure not the issue.

Just over £20m in 2 years on the first team playing and coaching staff. And brought in around £60m

£40m is a huge sum to go missing or unaccounted for.